Allen Iverson Clears Waivers

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Shapecity, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: Y! Sports

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think he's done. No young team is going to bring him in as a starter, and I can't imagine a whole lot of contenders are going to jump to get him either. Unless the Knicks bring him in, I don't think anyone is going to.

3. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    this is just embarrassing for him, he thought he could waltz around the league, showing off his cross-overs, acting thug, but now look where its got him! iverson deerves all that he gets, he is a how-boater, a loud mouth and a delinquint who has refused to change over his career. even ron ron has come around and is dropping the dangerous thug image that iveron is so clearly proad of. this man has achieved nothing in his career, yet he expects special treatment from teams and expects to be handed the starting spot on any team no matter how badly he ruins them, look at what he did to the pistons. th nba will be a much better place without players like iverson around to taint its image.

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Iverson has actually accomplished quite a bit:

9 time All Star
    NBA MVP
    Multiple scoring titles

I'm sure there's a few things I'm missing, but he has accomplished quite a bit, and to say he hasn't really is a discredit to his solid career. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a fan of him. I personally think he's hurting himself by thinking he could still be a starter at this point. He's lost a step in his quickness and he's never been a good jump shooter. What hurts him even more is the glut of good SGs that exist in the NBA.

If he's gong to be in the NBA, it's going to be in a 6th man role, at best. I don't know why he just doesn't accept that. I realize he's a proud guy, but if he wants a job, he's probably going to have to accept a limited role, because no contender is going to start him, and no rebuilding time is going to start him and take minutes from one of their younger guys.