heres why

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Philly_Freak93, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

the eagles will win the SB.

the pats wont have that same determination and thirst for it. i know that all teams do, but compared to the eagles they arent close

the panthers wont beat the eagles.

colts are like high now, they will crash and blow up probably this sunday.

the eagles win games all dofferent ways. every1 here is capable of having a breakout game. the best andmost underrated coaching staff is here. theres a lot of lifetime eagles here that probly wont be back, and all theyve said this year is its all or nothing. vincent, duce,taylor,emmons all have the "id give my whole career for the SB this year." attitude

eagles win it all.

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Eagles win it all because of Rush Limbaugh's big mouth.

3. Philly_Freak93

if rush made the eagles win becasue of his racist remarks then the titans,bears,jaguars,falcons, and all the other teams with black QBs woud be in the playoffs. his statement was abbout black QBs in general and just used mcnabb as a example. besides giving andy reid and jim johnson credit for winning without a lot of players would just be wrong anyway

4. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

The Eagles (and their fans) should be focusing on Carolina...not winning it all. [​IMG]

5. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

How can you say the eagles will be moe determined than any of the teams in the conference championships? I don't care if we won it or not they will want it as much as the next team. The pats have taken that one game at a time attitude to a new level this season and want to be considered the next dynasty should they win this year. Manning has as much if not more to prove than anyone and the Panthers are the team alot of people counted out when the playoffs role around. They all have their motivation. It will not come down to who wants it more between any of these teams, it will come down to who executes and who doesn't. It's as simple as that.

6. Philly_Freak93

im saying that losing 2 straight champ. games, playing your last games together, and having all this "this team is overrated, and not that good" attitude gives them a little more push. i mean comeone the colts and panthers are just happy to be in the champ. game and the pats just had a SB. the eagles do that 1 game at a time approach to, they dont believe in win streaks, they say that u just win on sundays ad urll be 19-0. watch out i think this team has more pressure and deals with it better than any other team

7. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

We'll the pressure is on everyone at this time and the eagles don't deal with it well because most of these same guys lost the last two NFC championships so till they win something they don't handle the pressure. I doubt any team gets this close and is just happy to be there. Those types of feelings aren't for Professionals. I'd say each team has a considerable amount of pressure on them and the for ex. stopping the red hot colts has to be some serious pressure. If anything some pressure was taken of the eagles just because it''s not Tampa or St Louis they are facing. it's not a team they collapsed against. Its a very beatable team in carolina.

8. Philly_Freak93

the eagles had no pressuer on them last year. the feel here was it was destiny, last game at the vet, they were facing the team they owned over a few years, they could win without their franchise and it was just destiny. the year before it was like what the colts and panthers are now, its nice to be a suprise and be that far. the pats are red hot and have to lose sometime soon.

the eagles are admitting this is the first time theyve felt the pressure and they like it

9. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

Dawk, Eagles defense isnt nearly as good as
    it was the last few years. Eagles secondary is
    still top notch but there defensive line and
    linebackers arent great. One thing i noticed
    all year of the eagles is they dont post much
    a threat on the blitz like years past, when they
    had hugh douglas. Injurys have hit there d line
    sure but at this time of the year u must hit the
    qbs. Saying the eagles will win it all, premature
    you still have to beat the nfc south champs.

If you beatt them you have to play the patroits
    who really hammerd your starters in preseason
    before they took out virtually all theres. If the
    colts make it then the eagles face a offensive
    machine they havent seen since 2 years ago when
    the rams were in place.

10. Steelerfan_2005

Thanks Rush.

11. Philly_Freak93

thats what i mean etrain, the eagles find ways to win. last week the team won, STs won some games, the offense won some games, the defense kept them in all the games except the earlier pats game. when we played the pats in week 2, you are stupid if u think this is the same eagles team. its not,

as for the blitz, yea we havent blitzed as much becasue for most of the year taylo, dawkins or vincent were out, and we couldnt take the chance as much. the only blitzing JJ still does alot is corner blitzes, sheldon brown snd lito are VERY VERy quick. their only flaw is their too agressive at most times.

12. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DAWK_VADER)</div><div class='quotemain'>im saying that losing 2 straight champ. games, playing your last games together, and having all this "this team is overrated, and not that good" attitude gives them a little more push. i mean comeone the colts and panthers are just happy to be in the champ. game and the pats just had a SB. the eagles do that 1 game at a time approach to, they dont believe in win streaks, they say that u just win on sundays ad urll be 19-0. watch out i think this team has more pressure and deals with it better than any other team</div>

Sure, and the Buffalo Bills were saying the same types of things the week before their 4th straight Super Bowl defeat. I'm not buying it.

13. Dolphins

Dolphins nfl-*****s member

Sorry the Panthers are going to win!!!

14. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DAWK_VADER)</div><div class='quotemain'>if rush made the eagles win becasue of his racist remarks then the titans,bears,jaguars,falcons, and all the other teams with black QBs woud be in the playoffs. his statement was abbout black QBs in general and just used mcnabb as a example. besides giving andy reid and jim johnson credit for winning without a lot of players would just be wrong anyway</div>

Hey Dawk, I think you're wrong there. Rush clearly said DONOVAN MCNABB was over-rated because...blah, blah, blah. NOT black QBs are over-rated because...

I say you win this week, but lose in the bowl!

15. Philly_Freak93

he said something that mcnabb was overrated, and his defense is why the eagles were kept in games. then he said like the media is very deserious that a black qb does well.-rush, i took it as saying mcnabb is overated becasue most black qbs are

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DAWK_VADER)</div><div class='quotemain'>if rush made the eagles win becasue of his racist remarks then the titans,bears,jaguars,falcons, and all the other teams with black QBs woud be in the playoffs. his statement was abbout black QBs in general and just used mcnabb as a example. besides giving andy reid and jim johnson credit for winning without a lot of players would just be wrong anyway</div>

Hey Dawk, I think you're wrong there. Rush clearly said DONOVAN MCNABB was over-rated because...blah, blah, blah. NOT black QBs are over-rated because...

I say you win this week, but lose in the bowl!</div>

16. Philly_Freak93

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dolphins)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry the Panthers are going to win!!!</div>

why do u say that?

17. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

Dawk,

Beleive me if philly wins im not at all
    suprised by any means. Third time they
    say is a charm. Looking at them young
    corners you can see why the eagles drafted
    them in the last draft, they knew some guys
    wouldnt be back and they needed the depth.

I dont think philly is the same team that took
    a beating to the patroits nope not at all.
    Both teams better not be overlooking there
    shoulders cause, all the media and people have
    said was. Indy couldnt win a playoff game. They
    do. Then the media says indy couldnt win in kc
    where its loud as hell, they do. Now there saying
    indy cant win in cold. lol.

As for the panthers the team to watch out for
    why? They have nothing to lose there already
    suppose to lose, ask the cowboys and rams
    who may of taken the panthers lightly maybe
    not, but by the time they got there game going
    it was too late. They found out this team was
    no fluke. I know tampa found out 2 times this
    season.

Colts vs Eagles superbowl.

18. Philly_Freak93

i say colts-eagles to, but heres another litle FYI

this eagles team is the worse of all of ARs teams, but the best donavon mcnabb of his life. how ironic

19. Steelerfan_2005

I think DM has played better in the past as well. I do agree though that this is AR's worst team.

I say Pats-Eagles.

20. Philly_Freak93

DM hasnt had his best season stat wise, but he is now in the best 9 game stretch of his career, and he wont all the sudden choke. he handles pressure well