Championship Predicitions

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Thoth, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

New England 27 Colts 21
    Philly 24 Panthers 20

2. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Panthers 27 Eagles 24(OT)
    Colts 38 Patriots 10

3. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

Colts 34 Patriots 24
    Panthers 24 Eagles 10 (Panther Defense sets record for sacks in a playoff game)

4. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

Patriots 27 Colts 13 (Vanderjagt misses a field goal and Hunter Smith finds his way onto the field in the first series)
    Panthers 20 Eagles 17 (Run defense finally catches up to them)

5. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Panthers 24 - Eagles 14
    Colts 31 - Pats 21

6. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

eagles 27-10

colts-20-13

7. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Eagles 24 - Panthers 13
    Pats 20 - Colts 17

8. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Eagles 17 - Panthers 10 (If Davis were healthy...)
    Colts 35 - Patriots 17 (Just Manning's year.)

9. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Eagles 17 - Panthers 10 (If Davis were healthy...)
    </div>

what if davis was healthy? would he get 200 totaly yards and win? i dono, the eagles as jim johnson says "we dont stop the run, we contol it" and its been working

besides deshaun foster is much like westbrook, but not as fast and the eagles are familiar with practicing against westbrook all season

10. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DAWK_VADER)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Eagles 17 - Panthers 10 (If Davis were healthy...)
    </div>

what if davis was healthy? would he get 200 totaly yards and win? i dono, the eagles as jim johnson says "we dont stop the run, we contol it" and its been working

besides deshaun foster is much like westbrook, but not as fast and the eagles are familiar with practicing against westbrook all season</div>

What a complete load of spin by Jim Johnson. Look at what the 'phins did to 'em. Miami is arguably the most one dimensional team in the league. It does not matter who is @ RB for Carolina, they are very balanced & on a roll.

Further, Fox used to coach against Philly and knows how to design a scheme to slow the Eagles down. Really, its just McNabb he has to worry about as we all know that Philly's WR corps is not all that.

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Note that in the years that John Fox was the Giants D-Co the Eagles couldnt beat them, at all...just something to consider...that is just spin by Jim Johnson, he knows that if they continue to get gashed by running backs, it will eventually cost them, it cant be avoided...if they give up 200 yards rushing on Sunday, they are going home, or staying home I guess it would be...

12. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Well, I guess I disagree. I think Foster has done a fine job filling in both last week and earlier in the regular season for Davis. I do still believe though, that Davis is the starter and has more experience working with and reading the schemes of his blockers, more game experience, and more playoff game experience. The Panthers could win this game with Foster in, sure; But I don't see how they wouldn't be better off with Davis. If for no other reason, then for depth. It would be nice to enter a game with both guys healthy. I don't think an Eagles victory is a foregone conclusion. I am not a betting man, but if I were I would pick the Eagles and my deciding factor would be that Stephen Davis is banged up.