OT - MIXUM, who is Chan Gailey?!?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BenDavis503, Jan 22, 2010.

1. BenDavis503

BenDavis503 Banned User BANNED

Computer Geek
    I don't know any other Bills fan, so I thought I would ask you. Who is this guy? Is he any good? They say he adapts to his players strengths. Does that mean he will throw to TO more? Do you think we are going to keep TO?

Let me know what you know over there! I hope this guy is good.

*edit*

Sorry, I should have put this in the OT forum. My apologies.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. MIXUM

MIXUM Suspended

radio/mixmaster/club jock/syndication programmer
    He was the cowboys coach for a few years in late 90's and got them to the playoffs. hes an offensive coach and was reccomended by Bill Cowher. I guess Cowher was gonna make Gaily his OC/asst head coach wherever he ended up. He will also be the Offensive coordinator calling all our plays.... so he said in the presser.

Personally I think the Bills could have done better but who really wants that job with no QB and an owner whose over 90? Gaily also had had lots of success with below average qbs so I think thats another reason they grabbed him. Sounds like Gailey wants a new Qb and reports are that the bills want claussen out of notre dame. im thinking the bills trade back into the 1st round to grab him. with the #9 pick, i think they grab a tackle.

The defense is in place to be pretty good as long as they add a LB in free agency. The secondary is one of the best in the league. Im hearing Jim Bates will be the defensive coordinator. Lastly I think a big reason for the hire is our new GM Buddy Nix is from Alabama and Gailey is from Georgia making a little SEC connection. Lets just say our front office has gone from the golden girls to the good ole boys lol! In a nut shell... i think we will be looking for a new coach in 2 years. not a great hire. On a side note.. Ralph Wilson turned down Marty Schotenhire and thats why his son turned down the interview. Also the Bills passed on Billick. For whatever reason they loved Gailey. Funny i heard the same about Dick Jauron.

Ralph Wilson's health isn't good from what i hear and to be quite honest... i think the only way the Bills get back on track is when he passes... meaning new ownership. But you never know... maybe Gailey turns it around. I guess Ralph really wants playoffs 1 more time. Gailey has done it with bad teams with little talent. That might be a big reason for his hire.

3. BenDavis503

Computer Geek
    I agree about the QB situation. I had really high hopes for Edwards after last year. But then he sucked. This Fitzpatrick guy is a joke. We need a Jim Kelly BADLY again. I really hope we get a good QB in the draft this year. I really wanted Sanchez. We need to give the keys to a good solid rook and let him throw to TO.

I LOVE our secondary. R.O.Y candidate Jairus Byrd!!! Love it. We def need a new LB too. You are right there.

Man, when I heard we passed on Billick. I was pissed. I hope Gailey is worth it. I also think you are right about Wilson's passing will be the only way we get any good again.

4. MIXUM

MIXUM Suspended

radio/mixmaster/club jock/syndication programmer
    i dont love sanchez. the jets are where they are because of luck and very good defense. sanchez is a decent qb... maybe a step below a guy like flacco.

as for the bills... just hope they stay in buffalo at this point.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. BenDavis503

Computer Geek
    Yeah man, I would hate to see them leave Buffalo. Unless they came to Portland, or Oregon somewhere.