Warriors All-Star Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Curry and Morrow in the Rookies/Sophomores game tonight.

Curry in the three point shootout tomorrow.

2. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

I'm pulling for Curry. I really enjoy watching him play and want to see him succeed.

3. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

I don't really understand why, but Curry does seem to have national star power building. The league front office clearly wants to showcase him. Based on the numbers he's been putting up lately I can't argue with it, but they seem to have plans for him, and conversely, not for Monta.

4. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Both Curry and Morrow got decent minutes in the Rookie/Soph game, but neither were the stars. Curry was pretty deferential but didn't end up with big numbers, and Morrow got put in for stretches but the Sophomores didn't seem to get it to their big guys close to enough.

5. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I didn't get to see the game, so I watched the clips here. What I like is that there is some kind of bond between Curry-Morrow-Randolph. If the Warriors get Chris Bosh, I hope they don't trade Randolph.

[video=youtube;3iBQ_lkTWMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iBQ_lkTWMs[/video]

[video=youtube;QZGeHCF3L0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZGeHCF3L0g&feature=related[/video]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Couldn't watch the game with sound on... There were hoards of kids screaming in unison and in rapid, piercing intervals all throughout. Apparently, the Dallas mascots thought this was a good idea to direct the mostly female, prepubescent crowd into doing this while the action was happening. It was unrelenting...

I would totally go all Sjax on them if I was at the game. Just run down each row socking jaws. Then this violent eruption would be followed by the savage, public beating of whoever was directing the cacophony. It was that bad.

7. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Thanks for the highlights JV, I only watched the first half, that was fun to see both guys score there in the second half... And to see Morrow hit that J on Curry.

8. Clif10

Clif10 Member

I am still bummed that Morrow was not in the 3 point contest.

I am pretty surprised that most of Morrow's points consisted of him going to the basket or near the basket, based on those highlights. I was thinking to myself that if I were Morrow I would have just had my own 3 point contest during that game just to shove it in the NBA's face.

Certainly the NBA/ESPN loves Curry.

9. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Worst dunk contest...EVER.

Seriously, what was that? I think it would have been more exciting to see the Warriors dunk squad during a timeout than tonight's display.

10. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

The dunk contest was so bad that I couldn't watch the rest, so I flipped to play the 3 point shootout in Sports Resort during that time. They should bring in those guys like from the Sprite dunk contest instead, those guys are way more entertaining.

At least Curry did well in the 3 point shootout, but Pierce was on fire in the final round.

11. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

The dunk contest needs to die, it's so tired. The HORSE comp. went on way too long too. I still enjoy the 3-point shootout the most of all of those, and the skills competition is cool too.

12. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

The headline on NBA.com is "Paul Pierce bests Chauncey Billups to win the 2010 3-Point Championship" [emphasis mine] Furthermore, they have video of the round 2 performance for both Pierce and Billups, but not for Curry. It's like you wouldn't even know he was in the final round if you didn't watch it live, they make it look like a shootout between only Pierce and Billups. Final round scores were Pierce 20, Curry 17, and Billups 14. I don't know why it even upsets me, no one cares, but after Morrow got snubbed last year (and probably this year too), it's kinda weird.

13. Custodianrules2

I'm really disappointed in the all-star weekend thus far... Curry makes it interesting, but jeez.

14. AlleyOop

Yeah, the NBA is a money-making enterprise. It's not always about what actually matters -- the game.

I mean, that was the most ass-tastic dunk contest imaginable. What, Nate Robinson's 3rd dunk was an alley-oop two handed dunk... that's it. No reverse, double pump, windmill, nothing. Just a two-handed dunk. With that kind of competition, Steve Nash could have had a shot at winning the crown last night.

That was a friggin joke.

Gerald Wallace looked like he was high as hell... and no not high above the rim. Dude must have been smoking something nasty to come up with those fart-brained dunks... he did a wanna-be Domonique double-pump reverse dunk that half of the guards in the league can do.

Isn't the point of the dunk contest to wow us with dunks most players can't do?

Next you're going to see people doing finger rolls at the dunk contest.

Honestly, the whole All-Star Weekend is pretty laughable. The skills challenge... honestly... dribbling through cones and passing the ball through a tire... that's skill?

And watching Steve Smith and Kenny Smith trot themselves out there for that 3 person competition with the girls we don't know and the old farts that look like they should've stayed home... what is that, anyway? That's the lamest "competition" imaginable. C'mon!

And then we get to today... I won't even watch. I'm surprised China didn't vote in the President of the People's Republic of China Hu Jintao. Shit, next year I'm going to start a global campaign to get Adonal Foyle in the all-star game. How? We're going to glitch nba.com!

Basketball = great

NBA = fart-fest

drexlersdad likes this.
  15. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

nice man repped.

we need to get the best dunkers in there. it should be pretty easy to figure out.

16. Custodianrules2

AO, Foyle SHOULD be at the all-star weekend. Enter him into the dunk contest. We can stack coasters and make him jump it. And I think he gets multiple tries, right? He'll probably beat Shannon Brown

17. AlleyOop

They should make a half-court sky-hook contest just for Foyle. He'd pwn that for sure!

18. Custodianrules2

He'd pwn the top of that backboard for sure!

19. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Know what's the problem with any dunk contest? Its about 1/3 as good as an awesome dunk in traffic during the game. Its too stale. The only good dunks during the contest in the past 25 years was when Spud Webb won. That's it. Even the Jordan, Vinsanity dunks were weak compared to dunks in a game.

That's why the 'Nique dunks during the games were mind-blowing; he went hard, through traffic. John Starks over the Bulls; Baron on Kirilenko; Dr. J over Cooper. You'll never recreate those moments in a contest; ever.

I'm personally sick of the "Weekend" now.

20. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    I don't know, I think we can be wowed by dunks in a dunk contest. The cast was just really weak this year. Vince Carter was amazing. J-Rich was amazing. Since then, nothing has come close. Here's my wishlist for next year:

1) LeBron
    2) John Wall
    3) Dwyane Wade
    4) Kobe or Dwight Howard (I think Kobe's getting too old for this though)

Point being, it has to be star or potential star players who have style and power.

The guys this year looked like they were struggling to just dunk it. We need to see the players that find dunking easy so then they can focus on being creative and flashy.

There's got to be someone who can do a 720 in the NBA!