Andy Pettitte: I’m happy he’s coming back

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by YankeesDaily, Feb 22, 2010.

1. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

I’m glad Andy Pettitte is coming back.

In the past, I’ve always wanted young blood to take Andy’s spot whether it be Phil Hughes or Joba Chamberlain. I always wanted prospects in our rotation. I didn’t like when Andy re-signs with one year deals.

Now? I like having a veteran in the rotation. He’s proven over and over again how valuable he is. He’s only the Major League Baseball’s all-time postseason winner leader with 18. I actually had to look that up because I didn’t remember that.

I got down on him a little when he said he used performance enhancing drugs but for some reason, it doesn’t bother me much. It’s probably because he was honest about it and didn’t try to deny it.

It’s obvious he still has the urge and feeling to play baseball so I think he did the fair thing to the fans and his family by saying he’s not done yet. If you have the itch to play and you still can be productive, I say do it.

Here’s what Pettitte said two days ago…

“I want to help them try to do it again; that keeps me going,” Pettitte said. “You want to feel like you’re wanted. You want to feel like they think you’re still a huge part of what we’re doing here. You realize how special it is here, what a special group we have and you know it’s not going to be this way all the time.”

I feel he was the rock in our rotation during the Yankees’ play off run. What if he wasn’t on the Yankees last year? Would it of made a difference? I think it would. There would be no number 27 without number 46.

2. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Hey, man. Haven't seen you in a while. I'm excited, the season is right around the corner. I think we're playing you on opening day, too.

3. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

Sorry, I got so caught up on doing prospect profiles that I ignored not only this site but other sites as well. I've been like a hermit.

4. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

I wouldn't mind posting the prospect profiles on here but it takes a lot of work with this set up on Sports Two. With all the stuff I have for each post, it would take a long time.