Ty law Future uncertain?

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Bucs40etrain, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

Reported from a nfl affiliate source that is very credible.

Patriots | Law's Future Uncertain - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:10:58 -0800

Don Pierson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports New England Patriots CB Ty Law will count $9.45 million against the salary cap next season; in 2005, that figure jumps to $12.5 million. Law said he really doesn't think about it at this time, but noted some decisions that will be out of his hands will probably need to be made regarding his future with the team. He said he would like to retire with the Patriots, but realizes the sport is a business.

2. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

This isnt really anything new. This past offseason attempts were made to either have Law take a pay cut or restructure his contract. I think his agent his Carl Poston, not sure on the name but I know its the same guy that represents Lawyer Milloy. If Law was unwilling to take a cut last year then I really dont think he will either this year and hes making a good case of being worth the money thats due to him. I'm hoping they make a whole new contract that has him finishing his career as a Patriot. He can get a nice signing bonus, reduce the cap number and everyone is happy. I would be surprised to see Law in a Pats uniform next year with a cap number of 9.45 million though. Something will happen.

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

law to the bears for bargain money, and he can bring patriots luck with him, that would be great !! [​IMG]

4. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

I second that notion! Any takers?