Bucks were the gang that couldn't shoot straight

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by truebluefan, May 6, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Shooting woes plagued the Milwaukee Bucks throughout the season that just ended and never more than in the final two games of the first-round playoff series against Atlanta.

The Bucks struggled to a 32.9% field goal percentage in their 83-69 home loss to the Hawks in Game 6 and followed by shooting an even worse 32.6% (a franchise playoff low) as they were eliminated in Game 7 on Sunday in Atlanta.

Atlanta's defense had something to do with those woeful numbers, but it also continued a trend that resulted in the Bucks finishing 29th of 30 NBA teams in shooting percentage.

The Bucks shot 43.6% for the regular season, ahead of only the lowly New Jersey Nets (42.9%).

"That's one thing I was wrong about," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. "If you had told me then (in September) we were going to be second-to-last in the league in field goal percentage, I would have said, 'No way.'

"I didn't think necessarily we were going to be a top 10 team, but I thought we were going to shoot the ball better than that. We didn't. We were able to overcome it for a long period of time."

It was painful for Bucks fans to watch the third quarter of Game 6, when Milwaukee converted only 3 of 17 shots as Atlanta took over the game and regained control of the series.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/92831359.html