Interest rate in Bulls job dropping

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, May 6, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

"The Bulls' coaching search barely has begun, and already potential candidates are dropping out.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson and Kentucky coach John Calipari each dismissed interest after numerous media reports listed them as possible candidates.

Jackson, who coached the Bulls from 1989 to '98 and won six championships, doesn't have a contract beyond this season, and there has been speculation that he won't return to Los Angeles next season if the Lakers fail to reach the NBA Finals.

But when asked if he was interested in returning to the Bulls, Jackson said flatly, ''No, I'm not.''

As compelling as the story line of Jackson returning to the Bulls to build another title contender might have been, there was little chance of it happening and he never was considered a serious candidate.

Despite some first-round struggles, the Lakers remain the favorites in the Western Conference, and it's doubtful that Jackson -- who has had both hips replaced and still has some physical issues -- would subject himself to the harsh Chicago winters again."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2241344,CST-SPT-bull06.article

2. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor
    I don't really believe guys when they say they're not interested but still negotiating with their current teams. Especially if it's Calipari

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    ^^^ on the other hand, he's already experienced working for the douchbag owner, and I doubt he wants to work for one of his ex-players (Pax).

The only way I could see him coming back is if we sign LeBron (PJax wants to win now, coach the best player) and fire GarPax and give the GM job to PJax as well.

I'd do it in a flash, but of course, I'd have given him Krause's job way back when, too.

4. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I dont think we sign lebron without a coach being in place. Calipari is not a guarantee, but he would help.