Stan Van Gundy rips Bulls over Del Negro

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, May 10, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jeff Van Gundy isn't the only member of his family who thinks the Chicago Bulls handled the end of the Vinny Del Negro era poorly.

Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy does not believe the recently fired Del Negro was given the proper backing from the Bulls front office, and Stan doesn't think Jeff will return to the coaching ranks next season for the Bulls or any other team.

"I was shocked by the coaching change," Van Gundy told ESPNChicago.com after the Magic's shootaround on Monday morning. "I thought Vinny did a great, great job developing the young guys, and I think it will be very hard for anyone to come in and do a better job than he did."

The Magic will try to complete a four-game sweep of the Atlanta Hawks on Monday night in their Eastern Conference semifinal series.

Jeff Van Gundy, working as an ESPN analyst, was critical of the Bulls' handling of Del Negro during a nationally televised broadcast several weeks ago, and his brother agreed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5177793

2. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

Okay, give me a break. Was the firing handled poorly? Yes. Was it an embarrassment to the franchise that may hinder free agent acquisitions? Yes. Should we be "shocked" by the move? Only if we're out of touch or lying.

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Not only that SST, he said Jeff wasnt interested in the Bulls job! Jeff has never said that publickly.