Paul George [Fresno State]

Discussion in 'Draft Prospects 2010' started by J_Ray, May 16, 2010.

1. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Fresno St.
    6'7"
    185 lbs'
    SF

I know this guy isn't seen or known very much nationally, but the guy does seemingly have some good tools that should translate well to the NBA. Great athlete, good shooting %'s, ball hawk, and gets to the rim. Compare him to other guys projected in his range, a Damion James or Gordan Hayward, and their tools/potential just isn't comparable if you ask me. Like if you can get Paul George in the right environment with good coaching, I think it's a realistic possibility the guy turns into Gerald Wallace lite.

This year he was in the upper echelon of the NCAA with 2.7 steals a game, while also getting nearly a block a game with 7.2 rebounds a game. All of these are skills that usually translate well onto the next level. Throw out there the fact he gets to the line 4.6 times a game, he shot 90% from the charity stripe this year. Over a 20% increase from last year, which shows there has been improvement in his stroke. I'm no expert on this, but when you see that much improvement on free throw shooting, you have to believe the rest of his shooting abilities aren't that far behind and should improve steadily moving forward. It should be interesting to see what happens with this guy stock wise as the workout process happens. After what he's shown so far, I would say his ground level will probably be like a Mickael Pietrus if he doesn't reach his highest potential. Just some food for thought on this guy.

2. J_Ray

[video=youtube;ivCtVeCP9XM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCtVeCP9XM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

3. J_Ray