Sherron Shabazz Q & A with Carlos Boozer

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jul 12, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Sherron Shabazz Q & A with Carlos Boozer

The Chicago Bulls didn't land LeBron James or Dwyane Wade in free agency but they did get a player that they've long coveted, Carlos Boozer. Boozer is a two-time NBA All-Star and a two-time Olympic medalist. Boozer is not a great defender, but that's not why the Bulls need him. It's his low post scoring that Chicago so desperately needs.

Since trading Eddy Curry in 2005 the Bulls have remained solely a jump shooting team. In the words of Sir Charles Barkley, if you live by the jump shot, you die by the jump shot.

That's all about to change in the Windy City.

Bulls General Manager Gar Forman and head coach Tom Thibodeau accompanied Boozer as he met the media at the Bulls practice facility. While the media was abuzz about the axis of evil that recently formed in Miami, the Bulls are quietly moving forward. Each man had to field questions about LeBron James and his decision to leave Cleveland and it was clear that the Bulls weren't concerned about what could have been. As Jay-Z said, we're off that.

I spoke with the new Bulls power forward after his introductory press conference. Boozer was cordial and confident. In our brief conversation I felt like I was chatting with an old friend. Boozer was personable and ready to play. The Alaska native was excited about the possibilities of what the young Bulls team could do next season. If it was up to Carlos Boozer, the 2011 NBA season would begin today.

Read the Q & A: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1192-NBA-Examiner~y2010m7d12-Q--A-with-Carlos-Boozer