Derrick Rose Q&A

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jul 20, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I(Nick Friedell) had a chance to sit down with Bulls guard Derrick Rose as he prepared to practice with Team USA in anticipation of the World Championships in Turkey this coming September.

Q: What have you been up to this summer since the last time we talked to you a couple months ago?

DR: A lot. I've just been working on my game. Hopefully, you see it. I've just been working on my shot, getting everything better and it's coming along.

Q: You and [assistant coach] Randy Brown are always working on your long distance game after practice, but do feel as confident as you ever have that you can start of the season draining threes.

DR: I think that I can. The way that I've been shooting the ball lately, it's pretty good. I've got a lot more confidence and that's all you need and hopefully they drop.

Q: Is your long range shot the one thing you've focused on most this summer?

DR: Definitely. Just working on my shot. I know that if I extend that, I'll be a tough player to guard in the NBA and it will open other people up.

Q: Free agency is obviously still going on, what do you think of the moves that you guys have made up to this point?

DR: I think we made the right moves. We got [Carlos] Boozer for the half-court game in the playoffs. The fast paced game is not always going to be on your side, so we got somebody we can throw it to in the post. With [Ronnie] Brewer and with [Kyle] Korver, [they are] just guys that like running, shooting, athletic slashers and C.J. Watson who just signed, he's a guy who can run the one and the two. And he's the type of player where he's smart. I hear he's a good guy and we need him.

Q: Are you looking forward to working the pick and roll with Boozer all season long. Have you talked to him about it?

DR: (Laughs) I wouldn't say all season long, but as long as they want me to I'm going to do it.

Q: Let's set the record straight now: Did you talk to LeBron at all over the course of the last couple months?

DR: I texted him. I texted him a little bit, but didn't really do any recruiting. I really didn't know what was going on. I think he didn't know what was going on until the end. [James, Wade and Bosh] were just having fun being recruited and they're the type of people that like it.

Q: Do you regret that at all not going out more and calling him and putting more of a recruiting pitch together for him? Do you care how that is perceived?

DR: I wouldn't say that. If anyone knows me, especially in my hometown, they know that I don't like being in the public like that or getting all the attention like that. To me I think it was a no brainer, so he made the decision.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicagobulls/post/_/id/1396/derrick-rose-qa

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Has anyone seen Kyle Korver run?

3. Fastforward7

Fastforward7 JBB JustBBall Member

I think he meant the shooting part for Korver, Denny.

4. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    with [Kyle] Korver, [they are] just guys that like running, shooting, athletic

(I don't think Korver is particularly good at running or is a great athlete)