Pacquiao passes Mayweather in Yahoo’s pound-for-pound ratings

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Aug 13, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

For what it’s worth, Manny Pacquiao has surpassed unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. in Yahoo’s pound-for-pound ratings with the score of 345 to Mayweather’s 330. This, no doubt, is because of Mayweather’s decision not to fight Pacquiao during 2010. It’s pretty irrelevant if you ask me. Whether Yahoo rates Pacquiao over Mayweather or not, I still see Mayweather beating the tar out of Pacquiao when they do eventually fight. Pacquiao is so wide open on defense that Mayweather could drive a truck through all the holes that Pacquiao has defensively. It’s interesting that Yahoo is rating Pacquiao over Mayweather, but I don’t see it as having any meaning whatsoever.

Pacquiao hasn’t shown in his recent fights against Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya or Joshua Clottey that he has the ability to beat a fighter like Mayweather. Indeed, Pacquiao was badly marked up in his last fight against Clottey and that was when Clottey was throwing around 20 punches per round. Mayweather will throw a lot more than that and with all the opportunities that Pacquiao is going to be giving Mayweather, I see this fight as another easy win for Mayweather. It isn’t whether Mayweather will win the fight; it’s whether the fight can ever be successfully made.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/08...er-in-yahoo’s-pound-for-pound-ratings-–-news/

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

LOL how can they say Manny isn't ready. Or how could this guy argue Mayweather would tear him apart. The fight was there for Mayweather, and he said NO because I KNOW he KNOWS he'll lose.

He'll always lose, everyone will lose. Manny is Manny. Try and stop him.

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

LOL wtf are you talking about? Manny said "NO" 3 different times to Mayweather, as well. It's clear that they are both afraid of each other. Just because you want to blow Manny doesn't mean he is better.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I agree that both are afraid of losing to one another. Both have said no to the fight. Mayweather doesn't want to risk a loss and Pac doesn't want to risk being #2.

5. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Do you agree that Shake wants to blow Manny?

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I think he wants to take it a step further..I think he wants to anal with him.

7. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

send or receive?