Bogut Could Miss Start of Season

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Shapecity, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Andrew Bogut has been recovering from a horrific on-court injury in April that left him with a broken hand, sprained wrist and dislocated elbow.

And according to RealGM via way of CBS Sports and BrewHoop, in a recent interview on Australian TV, Bogut wasn't so sure about his status to start the season.

"I'm optimistic that I should be ready for the season but you never know with these things because of the nerve damage and so on, it's on its own course," he's quoted as saying.

"[It's my decision.] I'm one of those guys who will play through injury but if I'm not 100 percent for the season to start, there is no sense going into an NBA season at 85 percent 'cause we're playing up to May."

Bogut added that he was shooting "a little bit" in Europe, but fluid buildup in his elbow caused him to shut it down, and he's back to just weight lifting and conditioning.

If Bogut is unable to go to start the season, the Bucks will be missing their starting center who was playing some of the best ball of his career when he went down.

It's possible Drew Gooden could get the starting center nod on opening night if Bogut is unavailable.

Source: BrewHoop