Mike Tyson: What If?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Aug 24, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This article is aimed at people who are not necessarily fans of “Iron” Mike Tyson but aimed at anyone who knows his career and life in depth.

I was watching ’Tyson’ the movie for what must be near the tenth time, the film documents his life story and his great boxing career, it got me wondering how things could have been so different if Tyson’s personal life didn’t affect his performance in the ring.

If you have watched the film or know about Tyson’s life you will know he has one of the most difficult and troublesome lives that is known in the world of boxing. Not only his rough childhood in a poverty stricken broken home in Brooklyn NY but problems during his rise, such as the death of his father figure and trainer Cus D’Amato, his marriage and divorce, firing Kevin Rooney,
    who was the assistant to D’Amato while training Tyson and addictions to sex, drugs and money.

I could go on for a page worth of writing, explaining Tyson’s troubles and many factors to why the man and his career deteriorated but all I am going to state it that I believe the main reason why all of the problems effected him so severely was due to his lack of discipline.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/08/mike-tyson-what-if/