Reggie Wayne whines about his contract

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by 44Thrilla, Sep 11, 2010.

1. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Colts receiver Reggie Wayne would like a new contract, but he seems to realize he's not getting it any time soon. And so as he looks around the league and sees other players getting big-time deals, he's trying to look on the bright side.

"At least somebody's getting paid," Wayne mused, per John Oehser of FanHouse. "I got two years left. I'm going to do my time."

Wayne said that when he heard the Cowboys gave wide receiver Miles Austin a new deal, he sent him a text congratulating him on his contract.

"The first thing he asked me was,'What's up with yours?''' Wayne said. "I texted him, 'Absolutely nothing. Nothing going on.'''

Realistically, Wayne shouldn't expect anything going on any time soon. The Colts' priority this year is to get a new deal done for quarterback Peyton Manning, whose contract expires after this season. Wayne, who still has two years left on his deal, is going to take a back seat to Manning. There's also the little matter of Wayne turning 32 this season, and the Colts' front office having seen with Marvin Harrison that when you extend a receiver on the wrong side of 30, you often end up regretting it.

"Either we're going to get something done or not," Wayne said. "Nobody came up to me and said, 'Reggie, let me holler at you.' I can read between the lines. I know what's going on. I'm not going to let it affect my production. It's a business and I am going to treat like a business. Let's go out there and make plays and go forward from there. In two years I'll worry about it and we'll see how it goes."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm so sick and tired of NFL players bitching about their contracts. It seems to be predominantly WR's complaining, too.

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Yes, it's so pathetic. You signed a deal, honor it. Don't bitch because the team didn't rip it up a yr early and give you a better one.