After solid scrimmage, Devils like what they see out of Jacob Josefson

Discussion in 'EAST: Atlantic Division' started by truebluefan, Sep 22, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

"They haven't even played a preseason game, so this is no time to jump to conclusions.

Yet Devils coach John MacLean must feel rookie center Jacob Josefson is the real deal or he wouldn't have put him between veterans David Clarkson and Dainius Zubrus for yesterday's instrasquad scrimmage. Right?

Perhaps it was an indication that the Devils feel Josefson, 19, is ready to claim a spot on the roster.

"Oh, I don't know. There are a lot of good players here," Josefson said cautiously. "It's too early to say."

But not too early to begin impressing. Josefson, the club's first pick (20th overall) in the 2009 NHL entry draft, scored a goal against Martin Brodeur and did not look at all out of place.

"I got a little lucky there to get the puck back," he said of initially losing the puck on the goal. "It was a great feeling."

MacLean was impressed by the line.

"I thought they had a good day," he said. "I thought all three of them played really well. (Josefson) is a young guy, and he has a lot of poise. I thought they had some great opportunities and seemed to click. It's one scrimmage, but it's nice to see.""

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2010/09/after_solid_scrimmage_devils_l.html