Gar Forman 'hopeful' when asked about Noah extension

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Chicago Bulls general manager Gar Forman said Monday that he's hopeful an extension for center Joakim Noah can be worked out, but negotiations wouldn't necessarily affect any trade talks.

ESPNChicago.com reported in August that the Bulls and Noah's agent Donald Dell were working on an extension for the 25-year-old player.

"We're hopeful we can get something done," Forman said during "Media Day" festivities at the Berto Center. "If not, it's not going to change where we're at."

Noah said he hopes details of his contract negotiations will be kept private, and he's hopeful a new contract will happen.

Forman said he spoke to Noah and Luol Deng, who both have been mentioned in reports about trade talks for Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony.

"If there's an opportunity to improve our team, we're going to explore it," said Forman, who said he wants to be transparent with both players.

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5622157

2. TomBoerwinkle#1

TomBoerwinkle#1 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm hopeful my wife crawls into bed tonight telling me to just lay back and relax because she's been craving all day to give me a bj. I'm not counting on it but I'm hopeful something gets done.

If nothing happens its really not going to change where we're at.

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Right. Not this season anyway