fair competition @ QB?

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Thoth, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I doubt it. This is straight from Today's Miami Herald

The competition will soon begin.

After making the announcement that A.J. Feeley was traded from Philadelphia to Miami on Wednesday, the Dolphins signaled the start of the competition between the new quarterback and incumbent Jay Fiedler.

''We don't have to make a decision right now on that,'' coach Dave Wannstedt said when asked who Miami's starter is now. ``Tomorrow, we line up in a huddle, Jay's going to take charge and go. But we have a long time before we play a ballgame.

But, did any of us really expect anything different?? It will be more of the same until both Dave & Jay are gone.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

If they are going ot have fair competittion perhaps they should open it to anyone. people off the street may be able to beat them both out and be the next kurt warner

3. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Imagine a American Idol like tryout for the dolphins QB position. I bet that retard singing that She bang she bang song wins the job. He's everywhere.

4. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Rick Speilman needs to grow a spine and cut Jay Feeble. This is the very reason why I thought Marino would be good for the front office. I felt that Speilman and Teflon Dave have too close a relationship and Wannstedt would use that to get his way and having Marino around might be check and balance to keep Wannstedt from screwing things up.

5. Thoth

Pats. Your Am idol observation sounds like a lot like playa hatin' to me. Ha ha?

Dale. Love the quote. It, too, has been attributed to Einstein which neither Wanny or Spielman are.

The need to get a Senior VP in there ASAP for checks & balances as Dale said. Bernie Kosar was rumored to be interested and would do a great job IMO.

6. T-ROCK

T-ROCK nfl-*****s member

With Dave Wannstedt as coach, the QB competition will be slanted... Feeley will have to blow Fiedler away to be the starter in Wannstedt's eyes...

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Im afraid that Feeley will crush Fiedler in the camp battle and Wanny will still go the "safe" route and name Fielder the starter, sighting reasons such as "He knows the system better" and "Hes more comfortable with the offense"

8. Thoth

Welcome T-rock.

Beef; U R so right and the explanations will exactly as you say.

Its a shame now that Miami has some serious weapons @ WR & TE that Feidler can't get them the ball. Even, the handoffs to Ricky will be adventure.

9. T-ROCK

T-ROCK nfl-*****s member

Fiedler is a Manager... What our Offense needs is an CEO...

10. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

I would like to welcome you to the forums T-ROCK. I to enjoy your avatar (now if I were a J-E-T-S fan maybe a different story,ha,ha). We are getting a lot of DOLPHINS fans on board now, maybe it is the year for the bag to come off BEEF! Good luck and happy posting.[​IMG]

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I never really looked at the avatar until 4th mentioned it, but I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Let me be the 3rd person on this thread to welcome you fellow Dolphin backer....there are now 4 of us that post regularly, me, you, Blackadder and DolfanDale....Welcome to the DWO....

12. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

well it is only a matter of time until i see a patriots avatar of someone pissing on a brown bag

13. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I would love to see that avatar