Shea Weber ignores contract talks

Discussion in 'WEST: Central Division' started by truebluefan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

"Predators captain Shea Weber said he is not focused on his impending restricted free agency this summer.

"It's a place I love. I love it here; I love the guys. (The contract) is not my worry right now," Weber said after Sunday's practice. "I'm worried about winning hockey games and continuing to focus on that."

The veteran defenseman said he didn't think the contract "should come up at all" during the season. "We're focused on what we need to do in here."

Weber's three-year, $13.5 million contract is up at the end of the year, and the Predators have made every indication that they want to re-sign their first homegrown captain.

During training camp, General Manager David Poile made a presentation to Weber's agent, Don Meehan. It's unclear how far negotiations have progressed to this point.

"We're pretty blessed, we get to do what we love for a job," Weber said. "It is work, but it's what we grew up loving, and we still love to do it, so, we're very fortunate to have an opportunity to do it.""

Read more: http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...RTS02/Preds Weber counting wins not dollars