Nice job Southwest Airlines!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 14, 2011.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Incredible story of a grandfather who was trying to race through the airport to get to the hospital to say goodbye to his 3-year old grandson who being taken off life support after being body-slammed by his daughter's live-in boyfriend. Despite getting to the airport early, long lines were going to make him late for the plane and all the TSA drones couldn't give a damn. Finally through security, he ran through the airport in his socks, clutching his shoes, before arriving, gasping at the Southwest gate—12 minutes late.

http://consumerist.com/2011/01/southwest-pilot-holds-plane-for-murder-victims-family.html

2. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I can't say enough good things about Southwest Airlines. They once held a flight for me simply because I asked. Amazingly enough, my luggage also made my flight.

As for the TSA, I went through security at a nearly empty PDX with my 2 1/2 year old son last week. There was NO ONE behind me and the TSA security officer told me to hurry up and get my son's jacket off because I was holding up the line. I continued to comment there was no line to hold up, and she continued to tell me to hurry. Fuck those glorified Wackenhut employees.

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I really think the creation of the TSA was one of the worst ideas to come out of the Bush administration. It wasn't needed. The company that was handling all the checkpoints pre-911 was doing just fine. If I remember correctly, box cutters were legal to bring on a plane at that time, so it's not like there was so major lapse in security. I hate the idea of the government taking over anything because they always do such a shitty job. They're overpaid employees, they're union, and they don't give a shit. Government workers are terrible. That's why I'm soooo against universal health care because I don't want the government anywhere near the healthcare system.

4. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Not to mention, its inception and implementation of various obscure rules is adding to the taxes on our tickets. I found a deal on Southwest (go figure) for 220 $ round trip from Philly to PDX, and found out the taxes were > $65. That's nearly a fourth of my entire expense. I've never heard of an essentially 23% sales tax to purchase something.

5. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Airports charge taxes.

Have you seen the Port of Portland's pretty new headquarters at the Airport?

6. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Not all of it, from what I learn. From Southwest's page:

7. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...I watched TSA take a 75+ yr old grandma into a private room for further groping as they randomly selected her for the increased pat-down. I overheard the TSA employee explaining the procedure to grandma prior to the private room rape scene and was astonished to hear the TSA employee explain that she was going to be putting her fingers down and all the way around grandma's waistband. This process is completely unnecessary and disgustingly out of line!

TSA must GO just like TO & zBO!

8. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Good move by SWA. Usually they are pretty efficient and good.

Greater lesson is never check bags. It adds an 30 min-hour to your time table.......here...hour and a half or so...I fly out of SWA at LAX all the time takes me 15 minutes to get through security. Its probably been 7-8 years since I've checked bags domestically and I try my best not to internationally unless I'm bringing lots of equipment. TSA breaks your locks. They steal shit. They lose your bags. They make you miss your flight.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  9. EL PRESIDENTE

STOP HOLDING UP THE LINE.

10. EL PRESIDENTE

Wait until cap and trade. :NOTMARIS:

11. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    My tickets to England were 600$ without tax. Almost 950$ total.

12. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Why can't I be so lucky?