The Next 3 Point Sniper?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Roaming, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

The bolded part is what cuaght my attention.Raptors Wrap Camp in Waterloo with Intra-Squad Gameby Eric SmithFAN590/raptors.commentator & Mike Ball--raptors.comOctober 7, 2006 Eric's FAN590 Post-Game Audio: Coach Mitchell | Chris Bosh | Jorge Garbajosa | TJ Ford (WATERLOO) -- The Raptors continued their tradition of treating their training camp hosts to an intra-squad game before heading back to the big smoke as the annual event went down in the gym at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Centre Saturday. It was the first chance for the general public to get a look at the new-look squad after the decisive summer makeover and five-day camp, down the 401 in Waterloo. For the scrimmage, the Raptors were split into Team Black and Team Grey as follows: Grey BlackJorge Garbajosa* Chris Bosh* Jose Calderon* Mo Peterson* Fred Jones* TJ Ford* Andrea Bargnani* Rasho Nesterovic* Joey Graham* Anthony Parker* Darrick Martin Uros Slokar Kris Humphries PJ Tucker LaVell Blanchard Cezary Trybanski Pape Sow (INJ) "*" indicates starter A view from the stands at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Centre. (Ron Turenne/raptors.com) [​IMG]Before the game, head coach Sam Mitchell addressed the crowd in Waterloo and thanked everyone for their hospitality through the week, closing his short speech stating, "This isn't just the Toronto Raptors, this is Canada's team." Chris Bosh led all scorers with 28 points for the Black squad. Teammate TJ Ford had 24 points and Anthony Parker chipped in with 17. The big story though was Bosh?s four-of-six shooting from three-point range - a new component of his game perhaps? ?Yeah well I?ve been practising them in practice, ?said the Raptors big man. ?So, you know Coach said that I can shoot them if I work on them in practice every day. So I?ve been working on my form and everything. I think it will stretch out the defence a lot more, and those threes add up. But I can't shy away from the things I'm good at, which is driving the basketball, getting my teammates involved? Jorge Garbajosa looked solid in this game for Team Grey. As billed, he showed strength on the defensive end and was really battling Chris Bosh down in the post. ?It?s really tough to guard him because he is one of the best players in the world. But everyday guarding him or playing against him ? even against Rasho and Bargnani ? you can learn a lot of things,? said Scoring on the Grey squad was balanced, with Andrea Bargnani leading the way with 21 points. Joey Graham added 15, Garbajosa 16, and Fred Jones dropped in 18. In the end, the Team Black ? which looked mysteriously like it could be a starting lineup the coach might be leaning toward for the preseason opener on Monday ? won the exhibition 98-89. Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon, Jorge Garbajosa, Anthony Parker and Morris Peterson took part in the European tradition of gathering at centre court after the game and acknowledging the crowd with gracious waves around the stands. The event marked the close of camp in Waterloo. They'll now be practising in Toronto for the rest of October and fly to Washington for their first preseason game against the Wizards Monday night. Sadly fans, there is no broadcast of the game, but the Swirsk Blog has it covered as Chuck will file quarter-by-quarter reports from courtside in Washington.

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Its good to see Bosh extending his range. Shooting 3's always helps if you are a big man.

3. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

He already had a very good mid-range jumper, and if he continues to shoot the ball decently from three-point range, he will be even tougher to guard than he already is... I just hope he doesn't fall in love with it, but he doesn't seem like that kind of a player.

4. Roaming

If he does shoot a decent percentage from three, I think his mid rang jumper as mo said, will be unstoppable,last year it was more than decent as well

5. Chris

Chris BBW Elite Member

I don't like the idea of CB4 starting to shoot 3 pointers regularly, he needs to get in there for offensive rebounds, but it's still a good ability to have if the ball is ever in his hands when the game's on the line.

6. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Chris Bosh is such a great young player. I love his work ethic. I know the euro 3-point line is closer than the NBA's, but watching Bosh in FIBA you could tell that he wasn't shy about popping open three's. And if he really has extended his range like that, to go along with the rest of his offensive game, he is going to be much tougher to handle. He can put moves on you on the block, he can stroke it from 17, but if he can hit the occassional 3 as well, he's going to be extremely dangerous.

The Raptors are going to be fun to watch this year. The Atlantic division is on the rise, people!

7. Mo-Pete

Mo-Pete BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Oct 9 2006, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he does shoot a decent percentage from three, I think his mid rang jumper as mo said, will be unstoppable,last year it was more than decent as well</div>He said hes not gonna shoot them all the time, just when hes wide open

8. Roaming

and thats going to be an improvement from nothing.

9. Mo-Pete

Mo-Pete BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Oct 10 2006, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>and thats going to be an improvement from nothing.</div>what are you talking about thats gonna be a huge improvment, now hes gonna pull the big guys even further from the basketball to guard him.

10. Roaming

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mo-Pete @ Oct 10 2006, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He said hes not gonna shoot them all the time, just when hes wide open</div>exactly, I dont think u meant that in your last post.

11. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

hes gonna be a black dirk nowtizki