Eric Crouch

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by The Return of the Raider, Mar 25, 2004.

1. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I don't think so... I don't think he'll quit, but I have my doubts about him making the team.

3. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

I agree. I think he figured out that there are limited places in life that he can go to bring in even league minimum cash. If he has any taste of football, which I assume he has to try to come back again, I think he will try to stick it out for awhile.

Like Pack says, this time we'll be seeing whether the NFL wants him, not the other way around.

4. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

It may be that for the amount of risk and investment, the Pack will keep him on and try to figure out how to use him in a "slash" type roll. Hey, if they have a spot on the roster, what do they have to lose. It still may be that he pans out as a QB. He would be a pretty good insurance policy if GB wanted to carry only 2 QBs.

5. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>It may be that for the amount of risk and investment, the Pack will keep him on and try to figure out how to use him in a "slash" type roll. Hey, if they have a spot on the roster, what do they have to lose. It still may be that he pans out as a QB. He would be a pretty good insurance policy if GB wanted to carry only 2 QBs.</div>

Good point, KC. He played QB in college with a lot of success and could very well be better than many third stringers in the league if he doesn't get too scared. Even if he does wimp out again and decide to change job descriptions, I'm sure that some team has an opening for an athletic water boy. He could be a "slash"-type water boy, able to get water to the players, and perform other duties for the team.

6. The Return of the Raider

In the end though,

Couch + Crouch = OUCH!

Couch breaks down in games, the coaches recognize this, and sub in Holcombe (then leave Holcombe in for games at a time). Holcombe is pretty much just a backup, but seems to be in competition with Couch at all times(?) Now the Packers are...

from ESPN:
    "Green Bay could be looking for a backup and potential successor to Brett Favre, who is nearing the end of his career and has hinted in the past about retiring. The Packers' current backup is journeyman Doug Pederson, and Couch would be a significant upgrade."

Sure, an upgrade, until he get's pulled. Then it's Cleveland all over again. When Green Bay loses Farve, and the current administration thinks that Couch can be a suitable "successor", I see Green Bay living at the bottom for years to follow. It's akin to San Diego. Having only Couch and Ahman Green is like having only Drew Brees and Ladainian Tomlinson....4 and 12.

Meanwhile, if Eric Crouch stays on the team for more than a week, I must say that he is still no Kelly Holcombe.

Good Luck! May Farve deliver you another Superbowl before the eventual disaster.

7. Pack Attack

Green Bay has cranked out a ton of successful QBs over the year...Brunell and Brooks come to mind immediately. If Couch had two years to learn the system and eased into it, he'd probably be okay.

I would have rather seen the Pack pick up Henson myself, but I'd rather have Couch than, say, Volek.

8. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

I believe that KORDELL may still be available, but you may have to hurry![​IMG]

9. Pack Attack

If we could sign him as a receiver/punt returner, I'd be all for it.