NHL Heritage Hockey Weekend (Jersey Concepts)

Discussion in 'NHL General' started by DP, Feb 16, 2011.

1. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Chicago Blackhawks: I got the idea for the design from their old jerseys from the 1937-1939 seasons. But instead of making it look like the Ottawa Senators old uniforms, I kept the same idea they have now from the Home and Road jerseys.
    Vancouver Canucks: Finding a good idea for the Canucks took me a while. I eventually went with the 'V' design they had from 1978-1985, but swapped the colors with their current ones and added a "heritage white" and used their original logo.
    [​IMG]

Philadelphia Flyers: This concept comes from the Philadelphia Quakers, a team that existed in 1930. I got rid of the shoulder color that the Quakers jersey had and just made stripes on the arms.
    Boston Bruins: For the Bruins I went with a combination of uniforms. I went back and fixed the original concept and went with the designs from 1939-1955. They had a steady look and it is much more vintage than the original.
    [​IMG]

Colorado Avalanche: This design was a combination of the Colorado Rockies uniforms, and the Quebec Nordiques uniforms.
    Detroit Red Wings: I had a lot of trouble trying to think of something to do for the Red Wings. Their uniforms are so simple, yet so cool I had trouble trying to tweak them. So I just made a variation of their Winter Classic uniforms.
    [​IMG]

Wasington Capitals: I looked back at the Capitals uniforms from 1974-1995 and made my own variation of the design. I made it look more modern like their current uniforms and used blue as the main color.
    Pittsburgh Penguins: This concept is a combination of their jerseys from 1977-1981. Since the team is in love with putting blue into their alternative and winter classic uniforms, I did the same, put also put in their old gold color.
    [​IMG]

Carolina Hurricanes: This is a simplification of the Hartford Whalers and Carolina Hurricanes uniforms.
    New Jersey Devils: For the Devils I looked back at their 1982-1992 uniforms and added the green back into the design. Its not a drastic change from the teams identity.
    [​IMG]

New York Rangers: The Rangers concept comes from an older New York team named the Americans. I simplified the Americans home jersey for the Rangers.
    New York Isladners: This is the only uniform where I couldn't find anything from the past to make a heritage look. So what I did was looked at old uniforms and heritage concepts and made my own.
    [​IMG]

Ottawa Senators: For the Senators I looked at their 1917-1921 uniforms. You know, the one with a lot of stripes? It made it look neat and used an older Senators logo.
    Buffalo Sabres: I decided to keep the trend and made a similar uniform to the Senators concept, but added some Sabre'esque features to it.
    [​IMG]

Toronto Maple Leafs: This was a fun jersey to created. I ended up using the teams away uniform from 1934 and did some "modernifications" to it.
    Montreal Canadiens: Another fun jersey to create, I kept it simple and used the design they had from 1917-1919 and made it a Road uniform. I kept simple solid stripes and used some "heritage" looking colors.
    [​IMG]

Los Angeles Kings: For the Kings uniform, I decided to combine their uniforms from 1967-1988 and keep the old purple and yellow colors.
    Anaheim Ducks: The Ducks uniform is a combination of the Mighty Ducks design and their current design.
    [​IMG]

Dallas Stars: This was an earlier concept I had, the idea for it was an enlarged star that laid over the uniform.
    Minnesota Wild: I made this matchup for this very reason, I used the North Stars design and made it the Wilds.
    [​IMG]

St.Louis Blues: A throwback to the designs from 1973-1984, but made the stripes a bit more simplified.
    Columbus Blue Jackets: With the Blue Jackets, I looked at the Cleveland Barons uniforms from 1976-1978.
    [​IMG]

San Jose Sharks: This one was difficult to make, the uniforms did not change much but what I did was make the orange from some of their logos a primary color in this design.
    Phoenix Coyotes: For the Coyotes, I looked at the Winnipeg Jets uniforms from 1979-90 and used the colors of the Coyotes to get a cool design.
    [​IMG]

Tampa Bay Lightning: The Lightning's concept is a combination, inspiration and concept I had for the Lightning. Putting together new and old to try to get a blend of the two.
    Florida Panthers: Florida has one of the weirdest uniforms in the history of the NHL, I used the away uniforms from 1993-2007 to get the design.
    [​IMG]

Nashville Predators: The Predators concept is a combination of all their uniforms and I attempted to make it look simple and nice.
    Atlanta Thrashers: The Trashers concept has similar striping to the Atlanta Flames, as well as a similar logo.
    [​IMG]

Calgary Flames: For the Flames I used the jersey that Calgary Cowboys had, and used the colors of the Flames.
    Edmonton Oilers: Last but not least, the Oilers concept is an alteration of the teams Road uniforms from 1979-1997.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

Re: Jersey Concepts

So, whats the link?

3. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Nothings uploaded yet. I feel like the last three games I posted could be better aligned... Heres what Im thinking
    Phoenix vs San Jose
    Columbus vs Atlanta
    Nashville vs Dallas

Yay? Nay?

4. Big Frame

I would go

Dallas- Minny
    Blues- BJ's
    Nashville-ATL
    San Jose-PHX

5. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

That was my original idea.

6. Big Frame

Great minds think alike?

7. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

I guess, I finally got a good idea for the Red Wings.. Its simple as hell, but the Red Wings have simple uniforms.

8. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Half way done with the games. 14 teams designed. I might make some edits to a few of them. I have them listed on whats done and whats not done in the first post.

9. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Updated: Three games left, 6 teams to be exact. I'll be taking my time making little edits and adding and removing things throughout the week.

10. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Check OP.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  11. Big Frame

I was hoping that you put freaking lasers on the Sharks. How hard is it to find sharks with freaking "lasers". And did you put mustard stains in the preds jersey? And wheres the link?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  12. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

No lasers, I added some Mustard to the Preds and the link will be up when I make a Flickr account for them. Ill let you know. Sorta tweaking them here and there. Expect them on FRIDAY. if not you can yell at me.

13. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

original V design for the nucks? that jersey is arguably the worst jersey ever, I am interested to see your changes to it.

14. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Its similar colors to what they have now, but a little difficult design than their classic V. Hope you like it when I post it.

15. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Hey dudes, Updated. Check it!

16. Big Frame

The Wild jersey is bad ass!

Kind of mad you didnt take this jersey into acount for the Ducks
    [​IMG]

17. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Yeah I really like the Wild jersey. Its sweat. And lol at the Mighty Ducks alternative. I tried to keep their weird line love and made it more techy.

18. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

I agree, that Wild jersey is niiiice. Some of the other ones I like were New York (probably my fave) and the Penguins jersey. I thought what you did with the canucks jersey was nice too, the current colours actually make the V look good and I like how you also incorporated the rink logo into the jersey.

19. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Thanks Choco.

20. Big Frame

Some NHL team should hire you to design there jersey's. Except Detroit, cant fix perfection