Would VC fit in?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by STAT, Oct 12, 2006.

1. STAT

STAT BBW Elite Member

If the Raptors held on to Vince Carter, do you think he would do good with their current line up? Would they be serious contenders?

2. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

Well he never really wanted to be there in the first place. They'd obviously be a better team, but Carter's motivation would always be questioned.

3. STAT

STAT BBW Elite Member

I meant to put in the first post to not factor in how he feels about being there. [​IMG]

4. wolverine30

wolverine30 BBW Elite Member

Vince Carter would fit in IMO. If they had Vince, the lineup would look like this:C: BoshPF: BargnaniSF: VinceSG: Mo PetePG: FordThat's a title contending team I think. There have been several rumors that he is thinking about coming back to Toronto because he sees alot of potential in the team. I hope he comes back.

5. LightsOut

In that case, yeah. A Bosh/Carter combo would be insane with Ford distributing and a solid third scoring option in MoPete.

6. IceBlaze1523

IceBlaze1523 BBW Member

I would like him to be with the Magic, and also if they kept steve:C: Darko MilicicPF: Dwight HowardSF: Grant HillSG: Vince CarterPG: Steve Francis6th man: Jameer Nelson........

7. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

if he did want to comeback im not too sure we would bring him back, first off because we still have to sign MoPete and TJ Ford as their contracts are up after this season and I dont know how much cap room that would leave for VC, anyways if he did comeback our lineup would look really insane.

8. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LightsOut @ Oct 12 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>In that case, yeah. A Bosh/Carter combo would be insane with Ford distributing and a solid third scoring option in MoPete.</div>Point of Vc leaving is because he kept on whining and they wanted to improve Bosh by getting him more touches.

9. LightsOut

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PiN0Y Ba11a @ Oct 12 2006, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Point of Vc leaving is because he kept on whining and they wanted to improve Bosh by getting him more touches.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (STAT @ Oct 12 2006, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I meant to put in the first post to not factor in how he feels about being there. [​IMG]</div>

10. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

If carter was here, Bosh wudnt be as good as he is, he was forced into his role because he had to carry his team. When carter was here Bosh was filling his position as a second scorer perfectly, but now he is learning to fill the leader spot.

11. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

If VC was still in Toronto the wouldnt have TJ Ford or Bargnani. Pretty much, VC and Bosh wouldve been good together, but they wouldnt go anywhere, just a medicure team(until Bosh hits prime, but then VC would be old). The Raptors GM wouldve made VC fit by just building around VC. Bosh wouldnt be the star he is now, but he would still be a star. 2nd rnd playoff would be the furthest they would get.

12. Asian

Asian BBW Member

If Carter was still here. Bargs wont be here, and most likly Bryan. Because, Babcock would not be hated.

13. wolverine30

No but let's say Vince Carter signs with the Raptors this off-season when he is a free-agent, there would still be Bargnani and Ford. I know Bosh's touches would decrease but they would be a better team overall IMO.

14. Roaming

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wolverine30 @ Oct 13 2006, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No but let's say Vince Carter signs with the Raptors this off-season when he is a free-agent, there would still be Bargnani and Ford. I know Bosh's touches would decrease but they would be a better team overall IMO.</div>Negative. If VInce was playing his best at TO. hed be playing 24-27 ppg, that alone will decrease Bosh's numbers to 18 ppg and 10 rpg. Hell be picking up garbage off vince's jumpers and be demoted to the 2nd string scorer, with T.J Ford and Bargnani in the mix theyd have a hard time finding touches for Bosh. Would they be a better team? Probably, but vinces points will be subtracted off of Bosh's totals.

15. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If VC was still in Toronto the wouldnt have TJ Ford or Bargnani.</div> Exactly what I was thinking when wolverine listed that lineup. People seem to forget in what if situations, the domino effect it has on other moves. You will never know the exact team had a former player stayed. He's spot on in Ford, Bargnani not being there. Ford was traded for Villanueva a draft pick who had VC stayed, probably wouldn't have been there pick(just because Carter would generate more wins and a higher pick). For a possibility next year, I could see Carter fitting in. I don't know if Raptors want to go that route again and for the money. But I think it's clear the Raps swingmen aren't at the level of VC and it would be a clear upgrade.

16. wolverine30

They could always go for a younger swingman next off-season. They don't have to get Carter back. They could go for a cheaper, younger and better player than Vince Carter. But they could have Ford, Bargnani if Vince signs as a free-agent next off-season.

17. Roaming

because will defintely be interested in the FA list after this season for sure.