Real Gm Poll Shows More People Will Start a Team With Bosh Rather than Wade

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Roaming, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

http://realgm.com/src_beyondthearc/65/2006...r_bosh_vs_wade/<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Final Four: Bosh Vs. WadeAuthored by Andrew Perna - 13th October, 2006 - 3:38 pmThe first of two Final Four match-ups in our inaugural ?Be an NBA GM? contest pits Toronto?s Chris Bosh against Miami?s Dwyane Wade. Separated by just a pick in the 2003 draft, Bosh and Wade have quickly become two of the league?s brightest stars, with Wade even winning a championship with Miami last season. Bosh was taken ahead of Wade back in 2003, but is he still more valuable to an NBA franchise? The Case for Bosh While Bosh may not have the all-star appearances and the MVP that Iverson has, he does have time on his side. At just twenty-two years of age Bosh has a long future ahead of him. In his three years of service in Toronto he has improved drastically from season-to-season. With the supporting cast that new GM Bryan Colangelo has placed around him, Bosh might finally get a taste of playoff action in 2007. The Case against Bosh Although he has improved on his size since his rookie year, Bosh is still a small power forward. He stands 6?10? tall and weighs around 230 pounds, but he looks more like a totem pole than a towering oak. His slender frame could make for tough interior battles when the games start meaning something in Toronto. Other than that he doesn?t have too many weaknesses. He could stand to use his long arms to swat more shots, but improvement is always possible. The Case for Wade Having been drafted behind the likes of LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, Wade was the afterthought of the 2003 draft class. Three years later, Dwyane?s numbers are just as good as LeBron and Carmelo?s, but he?s beaten both to the NBA?s greatest honor ? the league championship. Last season he averaged 27.2 points, 6.7 assists, and 5.7 rebounds per game, finishing fifth in scoring. The Case against Wade Wade is a good shooter, but he has limits on his range. For his career he has a field goal percentage of .482, but he shoots a dismal .241 from behind the three-point line. His long range shooting was superb in the playoffs this spring, but he needs to become more consistent from behind the arc. The choice is yours ? Who would you rather start an NBA franchise with? Vote on our main page to have your voice heard! Also, submit your daily choice to Andrew.Perna@realgm.com in order to enter yourself in the running to be one of the winners of our ?Be an NBA GM? Contest, where you will win a copy of NBA 2K7!</div>Who would you choose?

2. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

No offense, but Bosh isnt better than Wade, but he is easier and more of a franchise player. I would pick a good young big man rather than a great guard. So chances Toronto probably going to be way better than Miami and a few years.

3. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Dwade obviously. Bosh hasnt gotten to the playoffs, whereas DWade just won the Finals for the Heat last year. DWade is one of the best players in the NBA. No contest here.

4. Roaming

I totally agree, but I dont know about Toronto being better than Miami. That will take a LOAD of practice and many seasons to get there

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

In a few years they will be...if Bargnani pans out right, TJ Ford is proven, and if Joey Graham developes, they will defiently be better than Miami, which beside Wright and Wade, will be a old ass team.

6. Roaming

Shaq and his grey hair will sprout !but seriously... ummm Im looking for Mo Pete to develop into a 22 PPG player, if he could imrpove his post/cut moves, this guy is damn near imppsoible.....

7. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz76 @ Oct 14 2006, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No offense, but Bosh isnt better than Wade, but he is easier and more of a franchise player. I would pick a good young big man rather than a great guard. So chances Toronto probably going to be way better than Miami and a few years.</div>Only a great guard? Dude..Dwyane has the chance to be one of the greatest players to ever play..You have to be kidding me if you would pick Bosh over him right now.

8. Roaming

CB4 you also make a point, I think building a team around a big/post player usually doesn't workmy main example would be Minnesota, they had their highs but lost it in the end...I dont know if this will work out, but maybe it will

9. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

EASILY Dwade... his talent will overshadow any "big men are good to start a franhise" stuff.

10. Roaming

I believe the poll statistic are 56% to 44% in favor of Bosh man.

11. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Oct 14 2006, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Only a great guard? Dude..Dwyane has the chance to be one of the greatest players to ever play..You have to be kidding me if you would pick Bosh over him right now.</div>Right now, I say Bosh, the question is"who would you build a franchise with", easily Bosh, you always want a big man before anything. Even Pat Riley said he wanted to draft Bosh over Wade if he was left.....its a little different since Wade is Finals MVP, but Bosh is easier to build a franchise around.

12. CB4allstar

I dont care if Bosh is a big man..Dwyane is one of the League's best players, and should be the star of the NBA along with Lebron is 3-4 years. Dwyane just won the Heat a championship. I dont know how you could go with Bosh on this. Dont get me wrong..Bosh is my favourite player in the NBA by far, but Id rather have Wade.

13. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

IMO, in the long run, it would be easier to build a franchise around Bosh rather than Wade. I dont care how much more talented Wade is than Bosh, its abotu strategy and how you put a team together, and the best way to do it is to draft a big man. Just my opinion.

14. CB4allstar

so youd rather build around Rafael Araujo than a solid guard? Big men dont always get you wins. DWade is one of the best players in a long time, and he is still, what? 24?

15. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

No, I would not rather build around Areujo cause he sucks, but when you can pick betweem two talented players, a big man and a guard, I would have to pick Bosh. Remember, Shaq makes any player seem better than they really are.

16. CB4allstar

But Wade is just on another level than Bosh..

17. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

But the question is, who would you pick to build a franchise around. Not who more talented, or better or on higher level. It would be easier to build a franchise around a big man, Bosh.

18. Roaming

I also believe that Wade had the help of Shaq and people like Jason Williams, no way he did it by himself, and no if Bosh does even get to ECF finals in his career, will he do it by himself, its all a team effort, the question is, do u have an easier tiem bulding a team around Bosh or wade?

19. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

20. Roaming

Thats nice austin, and y? Thats the answer im looking for