David Aldridge Trade Deadline ReCrap

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by e_blazer, Feb 28, 2011.

1. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Okay, so David Aldridge is one of the best NBA writers around and he usually seems pretty in touch with the Blazers, but man he pulls some Blazer bloopers in his latest piece on nba.com:

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/david_aldridge/02/28/morning-tip-trade-deadline-recap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

So, Charlotte is a loser for making the trade with the Blazers, but the Blazers apparently don't exist because they aren't listed at all in the piece. Well, except later where he comments:

Hunh. I could have sworn the Blazers played the Lakers on Wednesday, then had an inspiring win over the Nuggets on Friday before yesterday's debacle with the Hawks. I know we're barely a blip on the NBA radar out here in our little Northwest outpost, but you'd think they'd at least get the facts right.

Okay, so at the bottom of the article he does say this about the trade:

So I guess we're winners...kind of.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

So he got a couple of minor details wrong but got the jist of it right. What's the big issue? And besides, this wasn't the splashiest trade of the deadline, we just saw Carmelo and Deron move. While Wallace is a former all-star he's not a "super-star."

No offense but it seems like you're griping about nothing.

3. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I'm not really griping, I just thought it was a little bit funny.

Slow night.

4. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

While I agree for the most part with what you're saying, Aldridge does list Orlando as a winner for doing nothing, and Cleveland for taking on Davis, but getting the first for it. I would say adding a player who as recently as last year was an all star and first team all defense is a bit more flashy than that.