T.J. Ford...not the team player people think?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by BrewCityBuck, Oct 19, 2006.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I like their decision to trade T.J. Ford for Villanueva because it's always hard to find skilled big guys. Villanueva is really good at utilizing mismatches because he can go outside or inside. He had some big games last year but he also had a lot of inconsistent performances that reminded you of the way he was in college. If he figures out a way to be a consistent player,then I don't think it will be close -- the trade will favor Milwaukee big-time because I don't know if Ford will ever be a really good teammate along the lines of Steve Nash. Ford acts like he wants to be the star, which I think is one of the reasons Milwaukee moved him ... NBA Scout on TJ Ford, SI.com N BA Previewhttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketbal...ines/bucks.html I always thought he was an overrated playmaker for the Bucks but I didn't know about the later in that article.

2. JoshBosh

JoshBosh BBW Elite Member

From what I know.. TJ isn't a guy that play for the statsheet.. he just cares about winning the game. He just wants to help out teammates as much as possible. More often than not, he's gonna find an open man rather than jack up a shot (Mike James). So far TJ is the best PG the Raps ever got.. and probably the least selfish one too.. and im most certainly happy to hear that TJ is one of the quickest guards in the league.

3. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Ive also thought that, but actually I read in a article he is just trying to get the feel of the new players, as he stated in an earlier article. I expect forward to average AT LEAST 7 apg per game, if not I think he is not doing his job properly in Toronto, he has high expectations.

4. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

that's compared to steve nahs. read it in context.

5. Roaming

is he sayign he will never be Steve Nash you mean?

6. Supreme BALLA

Supreme BALLA BBW Member

Well..... look at it this way.Don't you think TJ Ford is an improvement over the ball hog we had last year? I mean.. sure, Mike James did give you 19-20 points, 42%3pt shooting and 6 assists per game, but how many minutes and how many touches did he get a game? A lot. There's a reason for his scoring, and that was jacking up too many threes on given nights.I expect Ford to give us a solid 13 point 7-8 assist season at least. Those are MY expectations. He has a lot of potential, and for now, that's all I'm going to say.Just wait until he starts to shine. All the doubts on the trade will be replaced. Note: I still think that Villanueva will become a great player, but I don't think the trade was really a bad one.

7. pmac34

pmac34 BBW Member

read the other paragraph on TJ in the article

8. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

That's bs. TJ doesn't act like he wants to be the star. He gets others involved, he's unselfish, etc..BTW he will be a star on the team in a couple of years. Please dont post hate in the Raps section...

9. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

TJ Ford is a pure playmaker, and whats wrong with him wanting to be a star? I think its great he has that type of motivation. And Im sure more and more we see Nash, people realize playmakers can make a bad team good. TJ Ford is a team player, nuff said.

10. Roaming

Take a look at it this way, James attemtempted about 1,228 FG's last year while making only 576 (which is decent) that means he missed 652 shots, on average per game (of the 79 he played) that means he averaged 8 misses a game, which could have been used to score.As for TJ Ford he attempted 789 FG's last year and scored about 328 (about same percent as James) which means he missed only 461 sots, which if you average out (out of the 72 he played) he averaged six misses a game, now you might say there is a litte differance between 8 shots a game missed and 6 games a shot missed, but for a PG, that could open so much more opportunites for offense