Nick Saban honored with statue

Discussion in 'College Football' started by truebluefan, Apr 17, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Alabama coach Nick Saban has already left his mark on the football program. So much so, they've already built a statue of him.

The University of Alabama unveiled the statue in front of Bryant-Denny Stadium as part of a celebration leading up to Saturday's spring game. The unveiling comes 15 months after Alabama beat Texas for the BCS national championship.

"This is certainly an honor, to be here with so many great coaches, so many people who did so much to create a standard for so many years," Saban said. "But this honor is one that represents so many people that were a part of this team.

"Martin Luther King once said, 'Being the best is something that is not a small feat.' "

Per school tradition, coaches who have led the Crimson Tide to a football national championship are represented in the Walk of Champions plaza, all in their game-day garb. Saban joined Wallace Wade, Frank Thomas, Paul W. "Bear" Bryant, and Gene Stallings.

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6369671

2. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

If I ever make it to a Bama game, I now know where I can deposit my used beer at.