WWE Extreme Rules / Raw 5/2 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by Moo2K4, May 2, 2011.

1. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

First off...I loved the PPV. I think it might be the best overall PPV they've had all year. Overall, everything in it was great, with the only duds really being the Tag Title match, the "match" between Lawler/Ross and Swagger/Cole, and Layla vs. McCool (which, to their credit, was about as good of a women's match as you could have). However, Kharma debuting after that match was pretty awesome, and I'm pretty anxious to see how WWE uses her. So far she's been exactly as advertised - a completely destructive force that's obliterated both McCool and Maryse now.

Beyond that, I thought Christian vs. ADR stole the show. It had some really good spots in it, and to say that I was thrilled that Christian won the title is an understatement. I thought it was a long time coming, and I'm glad they're finally giving him a much-deserved title run. How long he holds the title is a completely different question, but I LOVE the fact that he finally got it.

The cage match was a lot better than I expected, too. The highlight of that match was absolutely Morrison hitting Starship Pain off the top of the cage. That was just incredible. I also thought The Miz might have been legitimately hurt when Morrison and Cena did a superplex off the top of the cage to him and seeing him land as awkwardly as he did.

I also thought this match continued to turn Morrison in to more and more of a star. He was absolutely sensational in the match, and it ALMOST felt like he had a legit shot at winning the match. I mean, how he lost was predictable, but man, was he impressive through and through. The man absolutely deserves a title run at some point this year, and I imagine he'll get it via winning one of the MITB ladder matches in that PPV later this year.

I also thought Cody and Rey was great. It almost reminded me of an Attitude Era type Hardcore match (minus the blood) since they were just all over the place. WWE also did a good job in booking that match and making sure it didn't last too long. However, I will say that I thought that it would have been a better opener than the LMS match between Orton and Punk.

Speaking of that match...it's gotta suck to be Punk. When's the last time he won on a PPV? He was in control for most of that match, but predictably, Orton won. Despite that, it was a pretty well worked match by both men and was solid opener to the show (but again...I thought Cody and Rey would have worked better).

Overall, I thought it was a really, really good PPV, and I liked the results. Christian winning the title was just absolute win, I'm ok with Cena winning back the title, and I almost forgot to mention Kofi getting the US Title in what was a pretty damn good tables match.

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Now...onto Raw.

It was a decent show. The beginning was awesome, as I loved the nice 30 minute promo that was cut at the beginning of the show. The Rock was his usual awesome self throughout it.

I was incredibly disappointed that we didn't actually get an R-Truth vs. Morrison match, but they're doing a good job of building heat between the two for what seems to be an obvious PPV match here in 3 weeks.

The Miz vs. Cena was a pretty decent match, too, though the end was predictable. It was obvious that the result was going to get overturned when The Miz didn't get rid of the belt after he used it on Cena. I'm also curious to see if they're going to be breaking up Riley and The Miz here soon, because there was some good heat between them tonight.

They also made an interesting choice of pulling Mason Ryan away from the rest of the Nexus tonight, and had him manhandle Show and Kane. I'm quite curious to see what's going to happen next week, and if they're going to have him ditch the Nexus soon. It seems pretty obvious that they're going to, but you never know.

Ummm...that's really about it. I guess Kofi and Rey won a relatively decent tag match against McIntyre and Swagger.

Oh yea, almost forgot. The best part of the show happened at the beginning. Michael Cole got ROCK FREAKING BOTTOMED. God it was glorious. Not only because it was that asshat getting hit with it, but it got him off the show for the last 2 hours, which was SOOOO nice.

3. Evolution

Evolution Ice Champ

Student
    Awesome Kong (Karma) was a shock for me appearing in WWE.

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Yea...she definitely isn't their "typical" diva, but I like her there...so long as they use her correctly. And so far, I like the way they've used her, having her just completely dominate a couple of them so far.

5. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

They're setting up a return for Batista.

6. Evolution

Evolution Ice Champ

Student
    I think she was suited to TNA and they lost someone good. Yer I would like to see her and Beth Phoenix battle.