Calling all Laker fans

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Roaming, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Ok ive always been a fan of kobe, and always loved him with shaq. but now obviously those days are over....my question is... where do Laker fans in general see them finishing this year?From a differant perspective, (a non- fan biased one. Cause no matter what you say, every fan is biased right :winkglasses: ) I see them making 4th or 5th seed and getting to the 2nd round and facing the spurs or something like that. I do see Kobe definittely contending fore MVp, but how do you guys think Odom will turn out? How will Smush Parker deal with his position at PG...any thoughts?

2. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

I'll post just because I love the feeling of the keyboard underneath my fingertips. If the Rockets can stay somewhat healthy then I think the Lakers will only be the 7th seed. I think they will be better but the West will just be stacked this year from top to bottom. Most of the teams will have a chance at the playoffs. I just don't see the Lakers passing the Clippers or Rockets. In the playoffs I see them losing to the Spurs in 6. Kobe will contend for the MVP but I see him just missing out again. Odom will put up very good numbers and be the #2 option they wanted him to be. Smush will continue to be the average player he is.

3. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

4th is way too high for me. As much as I like the Lakers, I have to be honest... they aren't at that level yet. Sure Kobe has more help now, but that will only take them so far. Unless they pick up a locked all star or better yet a superstar will they be one of the front runners.I see about 5-7th seed. 5th if they are doing their absolute best, 7th if something goes wrong. 6th is safe for me to say as my prediction.

4. Devlin

Devlin BBW Elite Member

I'd go with maybe a 6th seeded position, their pretty much safe to be in the playoffs, as long as Kobe and other key playes stay healthy, but maybe 5 would be too high, they'd have to have pretty much an excellent preformance everynight for the season.

5. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Devlin @ Oct 31 2006, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd go with maybe a 6th seeded position, their pretty much safe to be in the playoffs, as long as Kobe and other key playes stay healthy, but maybe 5 would be too high, they'd have to have pretty much an excellent preformance everynight for the season.</div>Yeah 5 is my Laker fan prediction... I'm very confident we will make the playoffs and hopefully make it past the first round.

6. lakersfoelyfe

lakersfoelyfe BBW Member

:g: I can see the Lakers finishing between 6th - 8th but if by any chance we do over achieve and finish 5th then we might get past the 1st rd. We need to avoid the top 3 teams especially the Spurs to have a chance.All this injury that we?re having now is making me worry, I just hope we don?t dig ourselves a big hole............ hoping that we could sneak in a few wins early in the season (win ugly games).

7. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I agree with the 6th Seed. Ahead of the Lakers?-Suns-Mavs-Spurs-Clippers-Nuggets (They get the four seed because they win their division)Rockets and Hornets behind Lakers.