Thread: OT: Shawn Kemp Told OKC to Eff Off

+ Reply to Thread
  1. TOP #1
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG's Avatar One of the Greats of the Game

Default OT: Shawn Kemp Told OKC to Eff Off

I'm working in the Emerald City this week, and Kemp has a 30 minute show on KJR with SquishySofty and Ian Furness (yes, Ian Furness is still alive, and he still sucks).

Kemp said today that Clay Bennett and OKC called him during first round and asked him to sit courtside for one of the playoff games against Denver. Kemp refused, saying it wouldn't send a good message, since he still believes that Seattle will get another NBA team.

On a related note, all NBA talk was centered on how much the fans here hate OKC, and want them to lose.
    True sarcasm doesn't need green font.

2. TOP #2
    Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks's Avatar スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Default Re: OT: Shawn Kemp Told OKC to Eff Off

I thought Ian Furness worked for CSNW?
    פורטלנד
    تريل بليزر
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ¡RipCity!----->La Onda Is Your Destiny!It's Like A Wave You Can't Stop!
    Combined population close connected Portland, Salem and Longview metropolitan areas is 2,708,396 (2008)
    "Portland is one of the most underrated cities." - Charles Barkley -- 8-1-2010
    "That's all you libs can say cuz you ain't know shit, fams!" - PapaG

3. TOP #3
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

He does^, but travels down to portland for every game. The guy does suck though!
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

4. TOP #4
    jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.

Kemp has a good heart. No one says he's a genius, but never forget how he gave back almost $30M to Paul Allen because he hadn't performed up to his big contract. Would you give up a third of your net worth to an employer because everyone says you're too fat?
    This week's favorites:
    I can't believe I just waded through this. Gonna need new boots.

As long as there is a Harden and a ref with a whistle, no lead is safe.

Not sure what was worse - Batum on offense or Batum on defense.

Meyers kinda plays the way Keanu Reeves acts, like they are always trying to remember what they are supposed to do next.

Nothing but missed jump shots since he came back. Chucking it because he thinks he should. Someone grab a can of Rustoleum and spray down Aldridge.

5. TOP #5
    magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661's Avatar R.I.P. MGB 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    Kemp has a good heart. No one says he's a genius, but never forget how he gave back almost $30M to Paul Allen because he hadn't performed up to his big contract. Would you give up a third of your net worth to an employer because everyone says you're too fat?
    Yeah i forgot about that! Kemp does have a great heart. Man it sucked that his career went to shit. I truly enjoyed watching him and GP tear shit up.

6. TOP #6
    jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.

Ya hear that Boob? A love-fest for Kemp. What are you going to do about it? Git yer ass over here!
    This week's favorites:

Meyers kinda plays the way Keanu Reeves acts, like they are always trying to remember what they are supposed to do next.

Nothing but missed jump shots since he came back. Chucking it because he thinks he should. Someone grab a can of Rustoleum and spray down Aldridge.

7. TOP #7
    BlazerBeav has written some things that people like BlazerBeav has written some things that people like Part of the Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    Perhaps rather than the weight it was the cocaine? Good heart? Fool was a heavy drug user who threw away fame and fortune. Pardon me if I don't fondly look back on how he helped create a mess for our franchise.

8. TOP #8
    HailBlazers is becoming well known HailBlazers is becoming well known HailBlazers is becoming well known HailBlazers is becoming well known HailBlazers is becoming well known HailBlazers's Avatar No Pity In The Rose City

Quote Originally Posted by PapaG View Post
    Kemp said today that Clay Bennett and OKC called him during first round and asked him to sit courtside for one of the playoff games against Denver. Kemp refused, saying it wouldn't send a good message, since he still believes that Seattle will get another NBA team.
    Good for him, Bennett is a bbbitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBeav View Post
    Good heart? Fool was a heavy drug user who threw away fame and fortune. Pardon me if I don't fondly look back on how he helped create a mess for our franchise.
    Thou shall not Judge. You couldn't imagine in a million years what it was like to be in his shoes. Don't blame Kemp for the mess our management created.
    "First of all. I am absolutely the smartest person here." - MM

9. TOP #9
    3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC's Avatar feed me a stray cat

kemp is the man, and he could deepthroat a steak and cheese.

fuck okc for life
    she appears composed, so she is, I suppose

10. TOP #10
    Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Boob-No-More has several friends Good Enough to Own Shoes

So, did any former Sonic "greats" take Bennett up on his offer? I can't imagine why they would. None of them have any connection with this current OKC team.

And, I no longer associate this team with Seattle. Collison and Durant are the only players on their roster that ever played for the Seattle Supersonics, and Durant was only there for one lame duck season. Brooks never coached in Seattle. The uniform is different, the team name is different. I no longer associate this team with Seattle any more than I associate the Wizards with Chicago or the 76ers with Syracuse.

BNM

11. TOP #11

Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3's Avatar Don't tread on me!

12. TOP #12

Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3's Avatar Don't tread on me!

13. TOP #13
    BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan's Avatar Nonquam Non Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerBeav View Post
    Perhaps rather than the weight it was the cocaine? Good heart? Fool was a heavy drug user who threw away fame and fortune. Pardon me if I don't fondly look back on how he helped create a mess for our franchise.
    Cocaine is a helluva drug; it changes the chemistry in your brain so that the pleasure centers react to no other chemical. It becomes literally the only thing that makes you happy.
    "It would be legendary if Aldridge pulled a Willis Reed to help us win a critical preseason game." --Kingspeed

14. TOP #14
    MrSelfDestruct is developing a reputation MrSelfDestruct's Avatar Louie, Louie, Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Boob-No-More View Post
    So, did any former Sonic "greats" take Bennett up on his offer? I can't imagine why they would. None of them have any connection with this current OKC team.

And, I no longer associate this team with Seattle. Collison and Durant are the only players on their roster that ever played for the Seattle Supersonics, and Durant was only there for one lame duck season. Brooks never coached in Seattle. The uniform is different, the team name is different. I no longer associate this team with Seattle any more than I associate the Wizards with Chicago or the 76ers with Syracuse.

BNM
    Collison did too, and last I heard still lives in Queen Anne in the off-season. I vaguely remember some OKC sports radio host trashing him for that and Collison's comments about how he loved Seattle.

15. TOP #15
    KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed's Avatar Veteran

I hate misleading thread titles. Refusing a ticket and telling them to eff off are two different things. And yes, Im aware my Blazers/Lakers/Magic trade thread was misleading but that was because I misinterpreted the rumor so it wasn't intentional.

16. TOP #16
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG's Avatar One of the Greats of the Game

Quote Originally Posted by Boob-No-More View Post

BNM
    Sounds like Gary Payton may have taken them up on the offer. According to Kemp, he didn't sit courtside, though, but was in a suite.

17. TOP #17

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpeed View Post
    I hate misleading thread titles. Refusing a ticket and telling them to eff off are two different things. And yes, Im aware my Blazers/Lakers/Magic trade thread was misleading but that was because I misinterpreted the rumor so it wasn't intentional.
    Not the way Kemp told it. He didn't even return their call and couldn't wait to talk about dissing OKC.

But, thanks for the post. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings when you completely misunderstood the Oden/LMA for Howard/Gasol trade.
    Last edited by PapaG; 05-11-2011 at 06:27 PM.

18. TOP #18

That video is actually disappointing to someone who watched Kemp a lot. It shows his leaping ability, but not his quickness. I hope there's a video out there of him faking out people in order to get to the hoop.

He wasn't a great dribbler due to small hands, so he had to dribble in there really fast, but once he arrived, if the defender was ready for him and too strong to overpower, he sometimes had to throw very quick fakes.

Great quickness is what distinguishes him from history's other very muscular, yet high leapers, and there aren't many, even in the less quick variety. Wally Walker could have had Karl Malone for Kemp, but he chose Vinny Baker due to age and cheaper contract in the log run. Kemp was better than Malone when in the game, but Malone stayed out of foul trouble and Kemp didn't.
    This week's favorites:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information