Toronto Raptors @ New Jersey Nets

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Roaming, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

<div align="center">Welcome to BBW's Raptors NBA Gameday! (sorry it's a copy of CB32's impressive game previews!)<span style="color:#333399"><u><span style="color:#990000">First Game Of The Season:</span></u></span> [​IMG] [​IMG]<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">RAPTORS VS. NETS</span><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">7:30. Continental Airlines Arena</span><span style="color:#FF0000">Raptors Starters</span>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]<span style="color:#FF0000">PG-</span> <span style="color:#000000">TJ Ford;</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">SG-</span> <span style="color:#000000">Anthony Parker;</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">SF-</span> <span style="color:#000000">Morris Peterson;</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">PF-</span><span style="color:#000000">Chris Bosh</span> <span style="color:#FF0000">C-</span> <span style="color:#000000">Rasho Nesterovic;</span><span style="color:#333399">New Jersey Nets Starters</span>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]<span style="color:#999999">PG-</span> <span style="color:#000000">Jason Kidd;</span> <span style="color:#999999">SG-</span> <span style="color:#000000">Vince Carter;</span> <span style="color:#999999">SF-</span> <span style="color:#000000">Richard Jefferson;</span> <span style="color:#999999">PF-</span><span style="color:#000000">Jason Collins</span> <span style="color:#999999">C-</span> <span style="color:#000000">Nenad Krstic;</span><u>Off The Bench</u><span style="color:#FF0000"><u>Raptors</u></span>Jose CaledronJorge BarbajosaFred JonesJoey GrahamAndrea Bargnani<span style="color:#333399"><u>Nets</u></span>Marcus WilliamsAntoine WrightBostjan NachbarHassan Adams<u>Roster Report</u>- Cliff Robinson not to play, finishing suspension in '05 playoffs for using drugs.- M. Williams made quick recovery and should play off the bench for the Nets.</div>Key Matchups[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Peterson vs. Carter, Parker vs. JeffersonThese two will switch up alot at times, and they must control these two's running game, and scoring. If they can keep these two locked up nicely, the bench won't be much of a handful for the starters to handle. Also, if any of these 2 (Jefferson, Carter) gets hot, there is literally no stopping them, watch out for Vince's fancy dunks, and Jefferson high flying scoring, which should spark huge mini runs for them.X- Factor<u>Raptors</u>My X factor for today is Andrea Bargnani. This guy can literally stretch the defense all the way to the three point line, I think he will get banged up by Krstic inside, but if he gets his jumper going, and takes a few travels to the lane, and the free throw line, he can really light up the game, look for Mitchell hollering at Bargnani to do that.<u>Nets</u>My X factor for the Nets is Richard Jefferson. Literally look for every 3 out of 5 plays to be run for this guy, if the Nets find him hot tonight, I think the raptors are as good as done. He can stretch the D, and drive the lane, and will get the AND 1 foul. I also seem him getting Vince into the mix, and running the fast break with J Kidd. Watch for Jefferson to get 15-20 shots up tonight.<u>RF1's 3 keys to the game</u><u>Raptors</u>- Run, Run, Run, and then gun, this is what we have been working on, do it.- Control fouls, too many uncontested points can lead to a loss late in the game- Take lots of shots, but select the right ones. The raptors have been working on jacking up 100 FG's a night, pick your shots wisely<u>Nets</u>- Get Jefferson hot. All the times I see Rich play, he takes games over easily, if he gets to the lines easily, theres not much else you can stop- Take advantage of the Raptors somewhat weak transition D, if they can pass around them and throw it off the Vince, the points are as good as scored already.- Take advantage of the rookies, Raptor bigs (rookies) are very vunlerable to NBA official rules, make them hate the referees, basically initiate them.PredictionI think the Raptors can takes this. Sure the Nets backcourt is better. But our bench is so much better, if we can get EVERYONE going with the flow, we can gaurantee a win.RF1's (yes fan biased) Prediction: 97-92 win.<span style="color:#FF0000">G</span>o <span style="color:#FF0000">R</span>a<span style="color:#FF0000">p</span>t<span style="color:#FF0000">o</span>r<span style="color:#FF0000">s</span>!P.S: SORRY SO LATE!

2. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

Anyone know why bosh isnt doing amazing yet? Is he still hurt?

3. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

I dont know ...hes been so rusty lately.... tough loss

4. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

Ahh...Toronto with 38 rebounds...While NJ has 52. Toronto shot only 39% from the floor. 37-94.NJ with 51%40-78

5. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I was watching a little bit of this game. Mark Jackson seems to love Anthony Parker. He was raving about his jumper before and game and sure enough he gets 22 points and has a rock solid game. You guys got beaten on the boards badly...ouch...Like I said all summer Andrea Bargnani has great shot blocking instincts and he had a really nice block that I saw. Bargnani was playing hard but they sat him after some quick fouls. How about Rasho Nesterovic CB4? I think he got 10 minutes and didn't look very good. Like I've been saying, it's only one game, but I am still sticking to my guns....You guys have some nice players but you have a lot of average players. It will be tough this season.