Doc Rivers: Timing of trade was off

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by truebluefan, May 17, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Monday that the biggest fallout from the highly criticized mid-February trade that sent Kendrick Perkins to the Oklahoma City Thunder was the sudden lack of continuity between the new players and, that if he could go back, he would have waited until the end of the season to make the trade instead.

"I would wait until after the year was over. I'll put it that way," Rivers told Boston sports radio WEEI (850 AM). "I do think Jeff Green has a chance to be a starter for us in the future and a hell of a basketball player, and [Nenad] Krstic can help, but making that trade at the time we made that trade, that made it very tough for us. And not only that, we added other pieces as well that we tried to fit in, so it was just a lot of moving parts to a team that the advantage that we had was that we had continuity, everybody else was new. Chicago was new and the Heat were new. They couldn't fall back on what we could fall back on with our starting five, and once we made that trade, we took that advantage away."

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6555870

2. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

haha yeah no shit, i guess danny ainge has some secret plan for this deal to not suck so bad eventually