Vince Carter pondering return to Raptors?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by BigMo763, Nov 1, 2006.

1. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Marty York writes in his latest column that Vince Carter is privately considering a return to the Toronto Raptors .?Vince has talked to his agent about the idea,? one of Carter?s closest friends told York. ?He wonders if he could patch things up with the Raptors. He even wants the idea floated to the Raptors privately.?Listen, you have to understand that Vince was unhappy with the old management, but he respects (new general manager) Bryan Colangelo and he?s always loved Toronto and its fans.?And there?s no doubt, the friend said, that Carter will exercise his option with the Nets to become a free agent after this season.?Vince owns a mansion in Orlando, so he?s thinking about the Magic,? the friend said. ?But Toronto appeals to him, too.?</div>Source: RealGMWow... I know that sounds like a bunch of BS, and that it probably won't happen. I find that possibility very interesting though... imagine Ford, Carter and Bosh... that would be scary. I wonder how Toronto fans would react to a possible VC return...

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I don't trust anything I read from 'these sources' anymore. It's a possiblity, who knows. This is the last thing people should be worrying about considering Vince won't be leaving New Jersey for months and months and months....

3. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

I really dont see this happining at all. Maybe a 10% chance but no more. Carter is not the most popular guy in Toronto right now. And I dont think it would be a good move for the Toronto franchise right now because they are going in the young direction and they are building around Bosh right now. I just wouldn't see this being a good move for the Raps.