Who is in for a tougher fight: Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Jun 16, 2011.

?

Who is in for a tougher fight: Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Poll closed Jul 16, 2011.
  1. Pacquiao

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mayweather

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

According to numerous reports and confirmations, Pacquiao will be facing Juan Manuel Marquez(52-5-1) in November. This will be their third fight, as their last two left the fans with many questions and doubts. Their first bout in 2004 ended in a controversial draw, and their second fight in 2008 ended in a split decision win for Pacquiao, also resulting in much speculation and disagreement between the fans. Their third fight has been expected for a long time, with fans begging to close the drama-filled scenario and give everyone closure on the subject.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has decided to make a comeback this year, and will be facing the newly rejuvenated Victor Ortiz (29-2-2) in October. Ortiz has recently showed that he is not at all a faded fighter by decisively defeating the previously unbeaten Andre Berto. With Ortiz’s stock through the roof, Mayweather Jr. picked a very good opponent to fight in his comeback.

Depending on the weight that Pacquiao and Marquez will be fighting at, I see their bout going one way: Pacquiao destroying Marquez in a very aggressive, statement-making fashion. Of all the fighters out there, I give Marquez the biggest chance of beating Pacquiao. Still, at this point in time, with Pacquiao’s constant improvement, Marquez will be too small and too weak to tough it out with Pacman in the middle of the ring. A brawl is unavoidable, which will result in Marquez’s downfall. Staying outside and using his ring IQ is the only way for Marquez to hang in there and spend more time standing upright on the canvas. Once they get close and start mixing it up, Pacquiao’s power (as seen and heard of via Shane Mosley) will devastate Marquez quickly. I see this as being a very easy fight with a guaranteed victory for Pacquiao.

Read more: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=28333&more=1