Leon Powe

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by nba dogmatist, Nov 9, 2006.

1. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

Could/should he be activated since Al is out now? I think he could make a difference on the glass, and I'm tired of small ball. we can't play defense when we play small ball.

2. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Gomes played great last night, so I really dont know how many minutes Powe would get anyways. He is a great hustle player who can get you some rebounds, but his game besides that is kinda limited. I guess since Big Al is out, it wouldnt hurt to have another big man on the team even though he is only 6 8. ha

3. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

trust me, I'd be 100% fine with powe if he got rebounds and did nothing else. I'd rather have him out their than scabs. all freaking scabs does is foul. :ranting:

4. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Well, Scabs hit a three last night as well! and last year, he set an amazing screen to get Paul open for a layup. haha

5. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Nov 9 2006, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Could/should he be activated since Al is out now? I think he could make a difference on the glass, and I'm tired of small ball. we can't play defense when we play small ball.</div>
    We can't play defense with "big ball" either. [​IMG]

But I agree that Powe should be activated. He is a hustler and a rebounder. I don't care if he can't score, but I would be willing to bet money that he will shoot a much higher percentage than Scal. He would get us rebounds, he would play physical, he is a guy we would like to use his fouls because he would use them right (he won't just reach or fall for upfakes, if Powe fouls you he will really FOUL you, unlike Perk and some other players on this team), and he would be a walking Tommy Point (like TA used to be).

If I was coaching this team, this would be my active 12 players with Big Al out:

C: Ratliff / Perk / Kandi-Man
    PF: Gomes / Powe
    SF: Wally / Green
    SG: Pierce / West / Allen
    PG: Telfair / Rondo

IR: Big Al (obviously only because of injury), Scal, Ray

I would play Gerald 15 minutes a night, Powe about 10.

6. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

I would love to see Powe get some minutes. None the less he would be better to watch foul people than Scals.

7. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

I definitely think he needs to play. He's one of the hardest workers we have on the boards, and his very good at it, so why not use him instead of Scalabrine?