Pacquiao-Marquez III will be on HBO PPV

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Aug 5, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

For those boxing fans that actually care about this kind of thing, the November 12th bout between World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38 KO’s) and Juan Manuel Marquez (53-5-1, 39 KO’s) will be shown on HBO pay per view, according to Dan Rafael. Personally, I don’t care which network shows the fight.

It’s going to be in the price range of $55+ no matter which network carries. Unless one network was planning on making it any cheaper to watch, I really had no interest in this trivial matter. Showtime would have showed some kind of Pacquiao/Marquez 24/7 previews, only they would call it something different. For boxing fans, it’s all the same pretty much.

No price reduction for the bout. I think given the fact that Marquez is now a ripe 38-years-old, fighting two divisions over his weight class, and only being given a three pound catch-weight at 144 lbs, I think the fight should go for $3.50. Everything seems to be slanted in Pacquiao’s favor for this fight. I don’t like that one bit. When I pay for a fight, I want things to be at least even in two or three categories and not overwhelmingly in the favor of a champion like Pacquiao. I

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/08/pacquiao-marquez-iii-will-be-on-hbo-ppv/#more-75409

2. idol1357

idol1357 New Member

Their two previous bouts was a close one: a draw and a split decision. This should clear all doubts!! And definitely it's happening on Nov. 12, 2011!
    Check this out guys, and look what I've found - a chance to win two (2) VIP tickets to the Pacquiao vs Marquez fight!!! Take a break and checkout and join: www.gogvm.com/membership