UK Pound For Pound List

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Aug 15, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

With the United Kingdom’s boxing scene thriving right now I thought I would create an unofficial Pound for pound list. This is all my own opinion and not based on fact so feel free to disagree.

1. Amir Khan (26-1 18KOs) Light Welterweight
    The World Boxing Association (WBA) and IBF light welterweight champion Khan is looking for one more fight at this weight after demolishing the experienced Zab Judah. Amir has ripped through the division and a big win over Timothy Bradley, Eric Morales or Robert Guerrero would finalise his success.

2. Carl Froch (28-1 20KOs) Super Middleweight
    WBC super middleweight champion and super six contestant Froch has had a mega schedule over the last few years. The Nottinghamshire fighter has locked horns with Jean Pascal (defeated the Canadian who went on to become a light heavyweight world champion), Jermain Taylor (in America) Andre Dirrell (A wafer thin victory), Mikkel Kessler (A close decision loss) and Arthur Abraham (Completely dismantled the German). Froch will now take on “world number one” Andre Ward in the final of the super six tournament.

3. Nathan Cleverly (22-0 11KOs) Light heavyweight
    The newly crowned WBO light heavyweight champion of the world Nathan Cleverly won his title in unlucky style. The unfortunate withdrawal of Juergen Braehmer and the late replacement Tony Bellew coming in overweight the Welshman was almost given the belt in his fight with Aleksy Kuziemski. The always entertaining Welshman is currently looking for a fight with fellow Brit Tony Bellew.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/08/uk-pound-for-pound-list-khan-1-froch-2-cleverly-3/#more-76253