Fire Chip Kelly

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by chris_in_pdx, Sep 3, 2011.

1. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

I'm through with this shit. Oregon can't crack the next level with this guy. He's got no balls in big out-of-conference games. I'm sick of SEC, Midwestern teams pushing the Ducks around and Chip just plays right into their hands. Fuck it. I was going to go to the Nevada game next week but I'm giving my tix away to someone who still gives a shit.

2. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

[​IMG]

Mamba and STOMP like this.
  3. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Chill out. It's not Chip's fault that the Ducks commited 4 turnovers. On the road against one of the top ranked teams in the nation, comitting 4 turnovers is a recipe for a loss.

The Ducks really miss Jeff Mahel. The recievers just got shut down by LSU. That freshman kid, Thomas, fumbled the game away, but he was also making more plays, and has a bright future.

I've never been that impressed with the Ducks QB, Thomas. Masoli and Dixon were much better in this system.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Masoli sucked.

The sad fact is, LSU was bigger and stronger than our team. We couldn't run like we wanted to, and they abused our front lines on both offense and defense. They basically just ran out of the power I and dominated us enough to run up a lead. You can't coach size.

5. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

It was a fairly evenly matched game, the big difference maker was the turnovers.

6. Natebishop3

It's true, but our defense was starting to wear down at the end. I just never felt like we were in any rhythm and that is in large part due to their containing our running game.

7. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

Where the fuck was the DT/LJ switch runs? DT didn't run the ball AT ALL. They didn't even try get the misdirection running game going.

8. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

9. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Not sure what game you were watching, but Oregon lost the game due to turnovers. It wasn't on Thomas, or James or anyone. It's on the team.

Our defense was very good. We missed Harris and Alonso. Our OL needs some time together to improve lane blocking and time for Thomas.

Oregon and LSU had nearly identical yards per play...
    Oregon had more yards...
    Oregon had more first downs...
    Oregon converted a higher % of first downs...

Turnovers and penalties cost us the game. Those are issues that can easy be improved upon.

I welcome your exit off the Ducks' bandwagon. I've been a fan since the early 80's and will continue to. Period.

10. Natebishop3

Oh they're going to win the PAC 12, no doubt in my mind... but I just haven't been impressed with how we've played against the SEC.

11. Targus

Targus Suspended

Agreed, Chip is 1-2 vs SEC and 1-2 opening game. With the loss of both bowls, he's 1-4 when having more than two weeks to prepare for a game. He was outcoached in the Rose Bowl, in the NC and tonight. It's disappointing. We're a good team. We're just not elite.

12. Natebishop3

I just felt that we could have taken better advantage of our speed. We didn't go deep much, we didn't use screens at all, and Thomas only took off once. He sure doesn't run at all. Kelly is known as a great offensive tactician, but it sure wasn't on display tonight.

13. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

I think we are starting to realize that the top SEC teams can match our speed. Thomas also runs something like a 4.9 or at least he did last year.

14. Targus

Targus Suspended

It's difficult for me (I understand why others will) to pick apart the play calling, spread offense, Thomas, etc. when we had considerably more yards, first downs, etc. If we were flat out outplayed, then I would. But, we weren't. We just turned the ball over and over and over and over. We caught some bad, bad breaks. Mindless penalties. A true FR in his first game ever against LSU and he fumbles - a few times. Barner makes a huge mistake.
    Thomas was hurried all night and wasn't sacked - he did good. He didn't have time to allow a deep play to unfold. If you watched, some players ran the routes, but he was hurried.

Ranked OOC opponents seem to have our number and that's something Chip better get a handle on.

Go Ducks!

15. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Well...this proved to be a short season. Disappointed, but not really surprised.

Kelly *almost* caught lightening in a bottle last season, but got exposed in the NT game. 7 wins...maybe.

16. Targus

Targus Suspended

Bet you're wrong....7 wins.

Kelly holds back to back pac championships. Beat 2nd ranked Cal 42-3. He coached the only team in history of Pac to defeat every Pac team in a season.

That exposure you speak of was a loss by three points on the last play of the game caused by a controversial run play.

AND its only year 3. Who is your HC, old man? Just for reference, how many times has Riley, in the decade+ he's been at OSU, finished a season ranked above 20?
    Kelly is our coach. We love him. He needs to fnd a way to start beating top 20 OOC teams.

17. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    What i didn't like was the pregame attitude allowed or encouraged by the respective coaches. Maybe Kelly didn't agree with Darren Thomas' statement that if we don't win this game the season is done, but something in his psychological prep allowed that attitude to slip in. As Lou Holtz said "that puts a lot of pressure on kids", and it sure won't help for motivating for the rest of the season. Meanwhile, Les Miles is telling his QB (and presumably the rest of the team) "Enjoy the Day", which I think is a perfect encouragement for a first game which is way hyped up.

Just wanted to ad that I think that "under pressure" attitude by the Ducks led to guys trying to do too much, which resulted in penalties and turnovers.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  18. Targus

Targus Suspended

I agree. I don't think kelly supported thomas with the statements. Kelly's always said, "win the day". Its all over the campus. I sure hope Thomas realizes the season is just beginning.

19. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

hilarious thread title. It blows me away how much some people seem to enjoy shitting their pants

...and penalties. LSU played really well and deserve a lot of credit, but the Ducks could have taken it if they'd executed better.

STOMP

20. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    I agree with this. The turnovers were all ones that should never have happened and most gave LSU a short field. Just one of those games to forget when anything that could go wrong, did go wrong.