Bruins to ease Nathan Horton into mix

Discussion in 'EAST: Metropolitan Division' started by truebluefan, Sep 25, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Bruins forward Nathan Horton says he's ready to get back in games but he understands why the team is taking it slow as he returns from a concussion.

"Obviously, I want to play. But they're going to give me a chance to ease my way back into it," Horton said Friday after the team's practice.

The Bruins were scheduled to play their second exhibition game on Friday night against the New York Islanders -- their first game at home since winning the Stanley Cup in June. Horton did not skate in the earlier session Friday morning with the players who were expected to play against the Islanders.

Horton said he's had no setbacks since being knocked out of the Stanley Cup finals in Game 3 on a hit from Vancouver Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome. Horton did not return to the series as the Bruins went on to win their first championship since 1972.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story...ruins-nathan-horton-says-ready-get-back-games