Dirk's double-double helps Mavs double up Grizzlies

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by pjcolpitts?, Nov 18, 2006.

1. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

Re: Dirk's double-double helps Mavs double up Grizzlies

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Dirk's double-double helps Mavs double up GrizzliesDALLAS (AP) -- The Dallas Mavericks needed Jason Terry's hot 3-point shooting to overcome a sloppy, 21-turnover performance.Dirk Nowitzki had 24 points and 13 rebounds, Terry hit his first five 3-pointers and added 19 points, and the Mavericks extended their winning streak to five games with an 89-84 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday night.Terry went 5-for-6 from 3-point range and the Mavericks were 9-for-17 beyond the arc."My shot felt really good," Terry said. "Guys are doing a great job of penetrating and kicking the ball to the open shooters. When I'm open, I'm there to knock them down. I was doing a good job of catching in rhythm and shooting."The teams were meeting for the second time in 24 hours. The Mavericks rallied for a 115-103 victory in Memphis on Friday night in the first of a rare back-to-back, home-and-home series.Rookie Rudy Gay scored a season-high 23 points and Chucky Atkins had 17 for the Grizzlies, who lost their seventh straight."Our first month has been more difficult than most teams," Memphis guard Damon Stoudamire said. "But hey, this is the NBA. Nobody's going to feel sorry for us."Gay had one point on Friday night in his first look at the Mavericks, and while he picked up the pace 24 hours later, he came away impressed with the defending Western Conference champs."They can run, they can grind, or they can shoot over you," Gay said. "There's a lot of different ways they can beat you. We came in tonight expecting anything."The Mavericks opened the season with four consecutive losses, but have turned things around to move over .500 for the first time this season."With an 0-4 start, are you kidding me? We'll take it," Dallas coach Avery Johnson said. "Sometimes when you're losing, it gets pretty lonely. Food doesn't taste good, a lot of things don't taste good. But when you're winning, we'll take it."Dallas began the fourth quarter with 12-4 run over the first 7? minutes, sparked by consecutive 3-pointers from reserve Austin Croshere, for a 79-70 advantage.Memphis got within 87-84 with 32 seconds left on Mike Miller's three-point play, but Nowitzki fed Devin Harris for a baseline layup with 11 seconds remaining for the final margin."I just cut to the basket and was able to get there without any problems," Harris said.Croshere hadn't gotten off the bench in the previous four games, but he gave Dallas a lift with eight points and five rebounds in less than 12 minutes.With starter Jerry Stackhouse out with a groin injury, the Mavericks turned to Croshere."You've got to be ready when the opportunity is there," Croshere said. "I hope this gives them confidence in me."Memphis scored 27 points off the 21 turnovers by the Mavericks, who began the night averaging 14.5.Memphis held a 46-44 halftime lead despite missing 14 of 19 field goal attempts in the opening quarter.Grizzlies forward Hakim Warrick had six points (1-for-13 shooting) after getting 26 points Friday night, and teammate Stromile Swift had three points after scoring 21 Friday.</div>Link

2. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

its the grizz....nuff said. :S

3. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Didnt catch the game. Wasnt on FSN or national tv. But Terry 5-6 from 3 point, very impressive. Dirks double double looked nice, making all his free throws. Ager got his first points in his NBA career.I must have missed something, wheres Stack?

4. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Nov 19 2006, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Didnt catch the game. Wasnt on FSN or national tv. But Terry 5-6 from 3 point, very impressive. Dirks double double looked nice, making all his free throws. Ager got his first points in his NBA career.I must have missed something, wheres Stack?</div>Heard that he aggravated a strained groin in Friday nights game. I personally don't believe that. I think it's more that it was a back-to-back game and they want to keep him fresh throughout the season. He's gettin up there in age and it'll start to wear on him if they play him too much.

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I didnt get to watch the game, but we're the worst team in the league, its not like beating the griz a year ago. Totally different story.