Pacquiao or Mayweather: Who’s The Real Pound For Pound King?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Oct 13, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Some say that Manny Pacquiao has fought old, slow, weak fighters. Others disagree, and believe the eight division world champion deserves to be called the pound for pound king. It’s true that there are several Manny Pacquiao critics in the sport of boxing; there’s nothing wrong with that, it’s great for the sport.

However, it’s also true that any of these critics would get knocked out by a Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Joshua Clottey or even by Top Ranks boxing promoter, Bob Arum. Imagine that, Bob Arum doing the Ali shuffle with a killer right hook, knocking out the critics. Again, Arum doesn’t need a killer hook to win. Most of these critics are out of shape and would rather have a Twitter war or blog about it.

What most people don’t get is that there’s a difference between fighting easy fighters and making a fight look easy. I’m not saying Manny Pacquiao is the greatest fighter to ever trade leather in the ring; I don’t like lying to the boxing public. What I do believe is that he’s the real pound for pound king.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/10...hos-the-real-pound-for-pound-king/#more-83851