Goe: On Oregon fans, baffoons and Chip Kelly the security guard

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Targus, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    He's such a whinny little beat writer. Mountains out of mole hills....compare us to SEC and basically imply we haven't arrived. Hey Kenny, "some" fans get onto the field with SEC teams too. I do agree fans should respect the policy of allowing staff/players to exit prior to going on the field. But, there's just something about Goe and his writing that really rubs me.

Nice pic of three fans really getting out of hand...

Maybe Goe should write an article every time an instructor has to ask a class to quiet down.

The postgame scene in Autzen Stadium - not just following last week's 41-27 victory over nationally-ranked Arizona State, but after almost every home game -- should embarrass the school, the players and the majority of fans who don't believe cavorting like buffoons on the playing surface is a postgame tradition.

At some point, it just gets stupid. And dangerous.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/10/ducks_insider_its_time_for_ore.html

2. Targus

Targus Suspended

3. Targus

Targus Suspended

Hey Goe, plenty of examples of MANY teams "storming" (actually) from every conference if you simply google the act. BYU storming after beating mighty Utah St. Sec teams, ACC, all of them. So, why just point out Oregon as a problem and say fans are baffoons?

If you had an ounce of journalistic instincts you be specific and not just rely on generalities. Still bitter your rants about Kelly and the changes at Oregon get you nowhere? How about citing it may not be JUST an issue at Oregon and the SEC as a whole has addressed the issue: http://www.cbssports.com/general/story/8001825

4. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

No Blazers to rip on = MUST HATE DUCKS!

5. Targus

Targus Suspended

I'm so embarrassed. So embarrassed. Thank you, Ken, for changing the world and exposing us all to what degenerates we all are.

6. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I thought it was completely disingenuous of the Oregonian to post a photo of the field overrun with fans, taken after the Civil War in 2009, to accompany this article. There were very few fans on the field after the game on Saturday night, yet here is the photo the O put with the article.

EDIT - I see the online version replaced the print photo with this picture of "fans" (3 of them) "rushing the field" on Saturday night.

What an incredibly stupid article, and fabricated as well based on on a photo in the print edition that wasn't even from the game.

[​IMG]
    Thomas Boyd/The Oregonian

Fans rush the field at Autzen Stadium at the end of the game

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  7. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I can't yet find the print photos the O used in today's paper, but here is one from the same photographer after the Civil War. Apparently it's now embarrassing to storm the field after clinching your first Rose Bowl in 15 years, according to Ken Goe.

[​IMG]

OK, I found the photo posted below that was used by the O on the front page of today's sports page. The above photo was on Page 3, and was similar to the actual photo, but with the Pasadena sign cropped out of the frame.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  8. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

It's the Oregonian. End of story.

9. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Yep, that was pretty ridiculous. I know I would be on the field if the Beavs got to the Rose Bowl. I'm not sure what Goe is talking about. Of course Duck fans are dicks though...

10. Targus

Targus Suspended

So, three fans "rush" the field, one of them looks about 8 years old, the other maybe 16. And these guys pose a dire safety risk to opposing players, Kenny? Right...

11. Targus

Targus Suspended

Could you imagine the coronary Kenny would have if Duck fans ripped down the goal posts - like other schools do?? I'm making a public plea that if we beat WSU, we all rush the field and take down the posts!! Of course, we'll have get by the security that guard them... :)

12. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

They're usually ahead of you on that. I was under the impression that the goal posts are collapsed ASAP when the team wins a big game.

13. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

I was at the game Saturday and plenty of fans ran on the filed after the game, with a bunch of them trying to engage with players from both teams. Players had that "leave me alone" look on their face.

Guy on the PA even said please don't go on the field for 5 minutes but it didn't stop anyone. People were throwing the football around before the players even headed for the locker room.

I just stood in the west end zone where I sat waiting for people to clear out and watching the players leave the field. We all got a laugh when one ASU player was flipping all of us off.

U Mad

14. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

In that case, rush the field and put up the goal posts!

barfo

15. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

during my time at Oregon in the late 80s/Bill Musgrave years, fans stormed the field and tore down the goal posts a number of times. The first couple times it seemed like spontaneous fun from delirious fans basking in a rare winning season or beating the Fuskies in the first time since forever. No one got hurt that I'm aware of, so I hold it as a fond memory. But having to buy a new set of posts 2-3 times a year is just stupid so thankfully cooler heads eventually prevailed.

STOMP