LSUpackfan: Bradie James?

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Cowboy71, May 10, 2004.

1. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Packfan -- what do you have for info on Bradie James? The Cowboys are pretty high on this kid. They thought he had some good talent last year. I think the biggest knock on him last year was that he couldn't lift a kleenex but is now one of the stronger ones on the team.

In camp, he will be moving to weak side linebacker. Probably only to light his fire a little, but Parcells has talked about moving him there so he can challenge Coakley for the starting position there. Coakley is a good player yet, and I don't think James is ready to replace Coackley. Granted, Coakley didn't exactly have a great year, and James looked pretty good in limited rookie action last year.

Any college scouting info worth passing along?

2. Tuna

Tuna nfl-*****s member

3. LSUpackfan

LSUpackfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'>Packfan -- what do you have for info on Bradie James? The Cowboys are pretty high on this kid. They thought he had some good talent last year. I think the biggest knock on him last year was that he couldn't lift a kleenex but is now one of the stronger ones on the team.

In camp, he will be moving to weak side linebacker. Probably only to light his fire a little, but Parcells has talked about moving him there so he can challenge Coakley for the starting position there. Coakley is a good player yet, and I don't think James is ready to replace Coackley. Granted, Coakley didn't exactly have a great year, and James looked pretty good in limited rookie action last year.

Any college scouting info worth passing along?</div>

He WAS the defense at LSU for a few years...always making the plays, pretty sure tackler, pretty good speed, just never had the size. And from what I heard, he was a good guy. IMO you guys have a good LB with him...superstar, I don't know, but I would be proud to have him in green and gold.

4. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

I read in the local news paper that Bradie James beat out Coakley for his LB spot. any word on that?

5. Tuna

Tuna nfl-*****s member

Parcells announced today that Coakley will start against minesota but James will get considerable playing time in the game. Next year I suspect Coakley will be a casualty of the rebuild going on at the ranch.

6. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

He attacks the ball very well, has descent speed. But if Gallery or Roaf is running at his ass, he's got nothing.

7. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bleedblk&gld)</div><div class='quotemain'>He attacks the ball very well, has descent speed. But if Gallery or Roaf is running at his ass, he's got nothing.</div>

Not many would!!!!

8. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bleedblk&gld)</div><div class='quotemain'>He attacks the ball very well, has descent speed. But if Gallery or Roaf is running at his ass, he's got nothing.</div>

Not many would!!!!</div>

you know what i meant

9. Cowboy71

I know. Seriously, you should watch him now. When he arrived at Dallas, he was teased because he couldn't lift a Kleenex. He now has a lot of strength to go with some speed and is a different player because of it. He wouldn't have pushed a Pro Bowl player for a starting job if he wasn't different.

10. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

True. Let's give him a year or two. He'll be a great player.

11. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

he already is a standout. he lead the defense in tackles against Min.

12. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>he already is a standout. he lead the defense in tackles against Min.</div>

Actually, Dat Nguyen had 9 to Brady's 8, but point taken.

13. Rube Cred

Rube Cred nfl-*****s member

I guess takles aren't a good overall indicator, because I thought Dat had a terrible game.

14. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

didn't have such a great day. My boy Bradie kinda dissapointed me. 2 tackles and the personal foul??? C'MON!!!