Thread: Player PR woes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. TOP #1
    Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks's Avatar スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Default Player PR woes

You'd think that it would be a wise move for the Union to put a gag order on it's players on social media sites.

TyrusThomas Tyrus Thomas
    “@bmwright89: @TyrusThomas a players are going to make more in one year than most people will in their life.. ” #whosfault #workharder

TyrusThomas Tyrus Thomas
    "take a bad deal for you and your family so me and my family can be entertained now!" - Fans to Players

NazrMohammed

"If this deal is accepted...I advise guys to stay in school and get ur degree, Master's if possible. U might be able to make more $ that way than playing in the NBA in ur 1st five years. Being the 1st pick of the draft would mean nothing."

George Hill of the Pacers said fans should mind their biz and he fully expects them to be asking for his autograph when this whole thing is over.
    פורטלנד
    تريل بليزر
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ¡RipCity!----->La Onda Is Your Destiny!It's Like A Wave You Can't Stop!
    Combined population close connected Portland, Salem and Longview metropolitan areas is 2,708,396 (2008)
    "Portland is one of the most underrated cities." - Charles Barkley -- 8-1-2010
    "That's all you libs can say cuz you ain't know shit, fams!" - PapaG

2. TOP #2
    BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA's Avatar Global Moderator

Default Re: Player PR woes

I advise Nazr to take a look at what minimum wage is, and what the minimum D-League salary is, and what the minimum NBA salary is.

@Tyrus Thomas: My family will get pissed off that you held out, and will laugh when your family looks askew at you b/c you took the 43/57 deal that's coming.

@George Hill: Limit your autographs now, so that when you're 40 and bankrupt you can sell them for a couple more bucks

#stereotypessuck
    Check out some of my longer posts at http://sportstwo.com/blog/ if you'd like.

3. TOP #3
    julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius's Avatar I'm no longer Luke Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFromWA View Post
    I advise Nazr to take a look at what minimum wage is, and what the minimum D-League salary is, and what the minimum NBA salary is.

@Tyrus Thomas: My family will get pissed off that you held out, and will laugh when your family looks askew at you b/c you took the 43/57 deal that's coming.

@George Hill: Limit your autographs now, so that when you're 40 and bankrupt you can sell them for a couple more bucks

#stereotypessuck
    want a funny stereotype?

like he knows what askew means.

btw, looks like we found this eras Bonzi Wells. Congrats George Hill!
    Let's just assume I have a big animated gif in my signature and call it good.

4. TOP #4
    RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known Clown Town

I don't think anything will ever pass what Ewing said one time

Something like...

"Yeah we make a lot of money, but we spend a lot of money too."

5. TOP #5
    maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep's Avatar RIP Dr. Jack

Quote Originally Posted by RoyToy View Post
    I don't think anything will ever pass what Ewing said one time

Something like...

"Yeah we make a lot of money, but we spend a lot of money too."
    LOL, I use that one all the time as an example of the fun I'm going to have when these players start missing checks.

6. TOP #6
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fez Hammersticks View Post
    You'd think that it would be a wise move for the Union to put a gag order on it's players on social media sites.
    There is no longer a union, at least in terms of the legal system. These idiot players should think of every word that they make as being part of a job interview, especially if they win in court.

Nazr Mohammed thinking that getting an MBA is a better idea than playing in the NBA is so stupid, I don't even know where to start.

7. TOP #7
    Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks's Avatar スーパーバッド Zero Cool

During the game, James' team was “crushing” the other team, according to TMZ. At one point, according to reports, James said to a teammate, “These Jews suck at basketball.

This infuriated another player who shouted back: “Princess James, Get out of Cleveland!”
    No better video for this than this gem:

פורטלנד
    تريل بليزر
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Combined population close connected Portland, Salem and Longview metropolitan areas is 2,708,396 (2008)

8. TOP #8

A result of the lockout. Unemployed NBA players with a lot of time on their hands.
    פורטלנד
    تريل بليزر

9. TOP #9
    BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert's Avatar There's always this year

These quotes are far dumber than Ewing's, they're just not as lyrical. I'm sure they'll keep 'em coming.
    A player who makes a team great is much more valuable than a great player. -- John Wooden

10. TOP #10
    Nikolokolus has disabled reputation Nikolokolus's Avatar No worries, Bert has this

Gosh, when Hill and Nazr put it in those terms I sure do feel a lot worse for their plight and all of the suffering their families are being put through. Shame on us little people with our little people problems.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "90% of everything is crap" -- Theodore Sturgeon

11. TOP #11
    barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo's Avatar commie pinko

Quote Originally Posted by PapaG View Post

Nazr Mohammed thinking that getting an MBA is a better idea than playing in the NBA is so stupid, I don't even know where to start.
    He didn't say MBA, he said masters. Maybe he meant a masters in english lit.

barfo

12. TOP #12
    BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert's Avatar There's always this year

Quote Originally Posted by barfo View Post
    He didn't say MBA, he said masters. Maybe he meant a masters in english lit.

barfo
    Yeah, a nice Master's in Elizabethan Literature, with a minor in Romance Languages. That's the ticket. Screw that plantation life in the NBA.
    A player who makes a team great is much more valuable than a great player. -- John Wooden

13. TOP #13
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!

Tyrus Thomas is a bonehead.

And that is unfair to boneheads everywhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2756552
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.

When you say my name, say it like you really mean it!
    Check out my blog here
    R.I.P. MGB - you will be missed

14. TOP #14
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!

Nazr may not be that wrong.

The owners proposed a cut of 12% to rookie scale contracts. The #30 pick in the draft would make $800K. Depending on the school, an MBA might make that with 5 years experience.
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.

Check out my blog here

15. TOP #15
    Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man's Avatar Mr. SportsTwo

But the 30th pick in the draft would make well more than someone with an MBA in 5 years.......Assuming the player picked at #30 progressed the same way the MBA did in their career

16. TOP #16

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre Man View Post
    But the 30th pick in the draft would make well more than someone with an MBA in 5 years.......Assuming the player picked at #30 progressed the same way the MBA did in their career
    Do the math. I don't think you're right. Or at least it's close enough that Nazr isn't full of it.

Check out my blog here

17. TOP #17
    Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man's Avatar Mr. SportsTwo

Wouldn't a 5 year NBA vet that has progressed very well in his field earn a multi million dollar contract with someone?

MBA's make a ton, not NBA money

18. TOP #18
    Spud147 has written some things that people like Spud147 has written some things that people like Spud147's Avatar Part of the Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Nazr may not be that wrong.

The owners proposed a cut of 12% to rookie scale contracts. The #30 pick in the draft would make $800K. Depending on the school, an MBA might make that with 5 years experience.
    Does he realize that there are no basketball scholarships for graduate degrees. How are these players going to stay in school (assuming they obtain the grades needed to get into graduate school) without any money? You've got to figure that into the equation. I have a couple friends with MBAs right now who are totally underemployed (one is selling cell phones). They aren't even close to getting a return on investment.

19. TOP #19

Quote Originally Posted by Spud147 View Post
    Does he realize that there are no basketball scholarships for graduate degrees. How are these players going to stay in school (assuming they obtain the grades needed to get into graduate school) without any money? You've got to figure that into the equation. I have a couple friends with MBAs right now who are totally underemployed (one is selling cell phones). They aren't even close to getting a return on investment.
    All of this is true, but I qualified my statement by saying "depending on the school."

For 2011 graduate, Stanford's WWW site says graduates earn up to $300K with a signing bonus up to $150K and "other guaranteed compensation" up to $500K. That adds up to more than the #30 pick makes, but of corse it's not for sure for every graduate. It's also not for sure that a college player will be drafted #30 or better.

Check out my blog here

20. TOP #20

ROTFL. So, because a very tall guy is very good at basketball, like say, top 50 in the country NBA good, it therefore stands to reason he'd also be top 50 in the country MBA good, and make the same money if only he'd gotten an MBA instead of an NBA? Am I reading this right? LMFAO

21. TOP #21

nicolas88batum Nicolas Batum™

Stages of sittin on the toilet. (>_<) (°_°) (0_0) (^_^)

22. TOP #22

Quote Originally Posted by BBert View Post
    ROTFL. So, because a very tall guy is very good at basketball, like say, top 50 in the country NBA good, it therefore stands to reason he'd also be top 50 in the country MBA good, and make the same money if only he'd gotten an MBA instead of an NBA? Am I reading this right? LMFAO
    Whether these guys can be quality MBAs is debatable for sure. I'm sure they have less incentive to even try for great grades to get into a great business school if they can get an easier payday by getting drafted.

Check out my blog here

23. TOP #23
    MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61's Avatar Real American

Quote Originally Posted by Spud147 View Post
    Does he realize that there are no basketball scholarships for graduate degrees. How are these players going to stay in school (assuming they obtain the grades needed to get into graduate school) without any money?
    Most will be given grants due to their race. They need but ask.
    I'm ALWAYS right and I NEVER lie. - George C. Tirebiter
    Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
    You are responsible for your children until they are a credit to society. - Jovan Banjanin
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Yugoslavian proverb
    Melody is King. - Howard Roberts

Home Page:
    http://www.rogermarismuseum.com/

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of MARIS61, a fictional message board character created for my amusement, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of any real person alive or deceased.

24. TOP #24
    Spud147 has written some things that people like Spud147 has written some things that people like Spud147's Avatar Part of the Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    All of this is true, but I qualified my statement by saying "depending on the school."

For 2011 graduate, Stanford's WWW site says graduates earn up to $300K with a signing bonus up to $150K and "other guaranteed compensation" up to $500K. That adds up to more than the #30 pick makes, but of corse it's not for sure for every graduate. It's also not for sure that a college player will be drafted #30 or better.
    All true... but does Stanford even have a basketball team?!?

25. TOP #25

Quote Originally Posted by BBert View Post
    That's my interpretation as well. Although the fact that he's twittered the opinion in the first place makes me question his qualifications.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information