Thread: Patty Mills, 28pts, 8 assists in China debut

+ Reply to Thread
  1. TOP #1

Default Patty Mills, 28pts, 8 assists in China debut

2. TOP #2

Default Re: Patty Mills, 28pts, 8 assists in China debut

Xinjiang knocked Bayi from the ranks of the undefeated with a 111-92 victory. Patrick Mills joined the team and picked up where Quincy Douby left off, scoring 28 points on 12 of 15 shooting while dishing out 8 assists. Unlike Aaron Brooks he did not have jet lag. Kenyon Martin had 12 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists. Mengke Bateer had 19 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Xirelijiang scored 13. Tang Zhengdong had 12 points and 6 rebounds. Xu Guozhong scored 11. Mo Ke scored 21 and Xu Zhonghao scored 20 for Bayi. Zhang Bo scored 18 while Delehei had 13 points and 6 rebounds. Wang Zhizhi had 9 points and 2 rebounds in 17 minutes.

http://www.asia-basket.com/China/bas...?NewsID=249821

3. TOP #3
    BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Patty seems to play very well at every level except the NBA. I wonder if he was on a team and got consistent backup minutes for a season or two if he'd develop into a decent NBA PG.

4. TOP #4
    yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

I was procrastinating with my work and decided to watch the full game instead. You can too:

first half: http://s.sohu.com/20111125/n326940827.shtml
    Second half: http://s.sohu.com/20111125/n326940735.shtml

Patty was dominant. Made some dumbass passes, but still easily the best player on the floor.

5. TOP #5
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
    Patty seems to play very well at every level except the NBA. I wonder if he was on a team and got consistent backup minutes for a season or two if he'd develop into a decent NBA PG.
    Some coaches are good at bringing out player strengths and covering up weaknesses. McMillan's system will put on full display the weaknesses of anyone.
    This week's favorites:
    What an unfounded, idiotic statement. Better renew your library card.

It was tough for Rose to play with that fork sticking in his back. Dude is D-O-N-E done.

Refs are going to be the death of the NBA. Absolutely cannot stand them.

study the Koran, convert to Islam, get a circumcision, make connections among radical Muslims, make your way to the North Caucasus, and fight Russian federal forces there.

I'm done with you for now, dipshit. You're forcing me to repeat myself.

6. TOP #6
    BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan's Avatar The People's Champ

What, no joke about Patty starting at center in China?
    "It would be legendary if Aldridge pulled a Willis Reed to help us win a critical preseason game." --Kingspeed

7. TOP #7
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

SO CAN HE WIN THE LEAGUE MVP if he only plays in 1 game!!!???
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

8. TOP #8
    Nikolokolus has disabled reputation Nikolokolus's Avatar No worries, Bert has this

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
    You could say that about a ton of good college players. Patty's limitations have to do with his lack of height and bulk at the NBA level and the fact that he's got major ball security issues when he's pressed on the perimeter. Patty at best is a 3rd string point guard at the NBA level ... In the broader perspective, there's no shame in that because that still means he's one of about 400 guys that can say that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "90% of everything is crap" -- Theodore Sturgeon

9. TOP #9
    RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known Clown Town

Apparently Patty doesn't have an out in his contract so he won't be back anyways.

It's all yours, Nolan.

10. TOP #10
    BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan's Avatar The People's Champ

Quote Originally Posted by RoyToy View Post
    Apparently Patty doesn't have an out in his contract so he won't be back anyways.

It's all yours, Nolan.
    He'll have to get past Armon "Lefty" "No seriously, don't make me go right" "Pretty please?" Johnson first!
    "It would be legendary if Aldridge pulled a Willis Reed to help us win a critical preseason game." --Kingspeed

11. TOP #11
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyToy View Post
    WHO LOST PATTY???

(As in 1949's Who Lost China demands from some congressmen)
    This week's favorites:

It was tough for Rose to play with that fork sticking in his back. Dude is D-O-N-E done.

study the Koran, convert to Islam, get a circumcision, make connections among radical Muslims, make your way to the North Caucasus, and fight Russian federal forces there.

12. TOP #12
    oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch's Avatar resident crank

Oh well, the team already has an adequate back-up PG in Felton.

Now, if they just had someone good enough to start.....
    I don't have ADD - you're just boring.

13. TOP #13
    huevonkiller is becoming well known huevonkiller is becoming well known huevonkiller is becoming well known huevonkiller is becoming well known huevonkiller is becoming well known huevonkiller's Avatar Change (Deftones)

Congrats to the dude. There is no way I would want to play in China though.

<center></center>

"Not 1. Not 2. Not 3. Not 4. Not 5. Not 6. Not 7.... And when I say that I really mean it, I'm not just blowing smoke........."

14. TOP #14
    Blazer4ever is developing a reputation Part of the Rotation

Don't underestimate Armon, he is/will be a very good player.

Felton, Nolan, Armon, Wesley, Batum, Wallace, LMA, Camby - That's 8 players. Then we have Roy, Oden - 10.
    Babbitt, Eliot Williams, Diebler, The big skinny guy - 14.

Gonna be interesting to see exactly what roster we have on opening night!
    Knadle...

Enjoy

15. TOP #15

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer4ever View Post
    Felton, Nolan, Armon, Wesley, Batum, Wallace, LMA, Camby - That's 8 players. Then we have Roy, Oden - 10. Babbitt, Eliot Williams, Diebler, The big skinny guy - 14.
    I thought that Diebler is going to stay in Europe the whole season. That was the Blazer plan even before the lockout, although if Mills is locked into his China contract, maybe management will change its mind about Diebler.
    This week's favorites:

16. TOP #16

Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    I thought that Diebler is going to stay in Europe the whole season. That was the Blazer plan even before the lockout, although if Mills is locked into his China contract, maybe management will change its mind about Diebler.
    Diebler will be the Tim Tebow of the NBA!

17. TOP #17
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends Banned User

Ray Banned Glasses?

Edit - crap, Sly banned that bot, so this doesn't make any sense.

18. TOP #18

Just checked. After 5 games, Diebler is 5th on his team in minutes and points.

http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?C...eam=273&Page=3
    This week's favorites:

19. TOP #19
    Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man's Avatar Mr. SportsTwo

Will John Diebler be Luke Babbitt on steroids?

20. TOP #20

They played a 6th game. Attempting only 3 shots, Diebler was 7th in minutes but 4th in points. He's not mentioned in the summary paragraph.

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/...26_366_273.asp
    This week's favorites:

21. TOP #21
    Nate Dogg is developing a reputation Nate Dogg's Avatar On the First Team

Interesting to see if Patty comes back since the lockout is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfan20 View Post
    Fact is, Oregon St. is a mediocre program not on the Ducks level as far as success, exposure, $$$ and facilities.
    So i guess he still supports its fucked up football students.

22. TOP #22
    Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dogg View Post
    Interesting to see if Patty comes back since the lockout is over.
    I don't believe he can. Several NBA players went over to China and are now locked in for the season.
    Some cows are dicks

23. TOP #23
    Brock is developing a reputation Banned

patty>smith

24. TOP #24
    Nate Dogg is developing a reputation Nate Dogg's Avatar On the First Team

Are we sure still?
    The National Basketball League said in a statement late Sunday that Mills had signed a contract to play with Chinese club Xinjiang Guanghui Flying Tigers. The NBL said it allowed Mills to leave because it did not want to hold him back from other international opportunities.
    source: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/72...-china-lockout
    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfan20 View Post
    Fact is, Oregon St. is a mediocre program not on the Ducks level as far as success, exposure, $$$ and facilities.
    So i guess he still supports its fucked up football students.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information