Bernie Fine's wife had abuse concerns

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by truebluefan, Nov 27, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

In a tape-recorded 2002 telephone conversation, the wife of Syracuse associate head coach Bernie Fine admitted she had concerns that her husband had sexually molested a team ball boy in their home, but said she felt powerless to stop the alleged abuse.

Bobby Davis, who has publicly accused Bernie Fine of years of molestation that Davis said started when he was in the seventh grade, legally recorded his Oct. 8, 2002, phone call to Laurie Fine.

"I know everything that went on, you know," Laurie Fine said on the call, obtained by Outside the Lines from Davis. "I know everything that went on with him ... Bernie has issues, maybe that he's not aware of, but he has issues ... And you trusted somebody you shouldn't have trusted ... "

She continued: "Bernie is also in denial. I think that he did the things he did, but he's somehow through his own mental telepathy has erased them out of his mind."

ESPN has tried to reach Laurie and Bernie Fine for comment at their home and through Bernie Fine's attorney for the past week and a half. Neither the Fines nor Bernie Fine's attorney have responded.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...sistant-bernie-fine-wife-admits-worries-abuse