Kings @ Warriors 12/17/11

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Run BJM, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I missed the game but here are some great highlights:

[video=youtube;dWp36yGL-wI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWp36yGL-wI[/video]

If anyone watched the game can you give me a break down of how they looked? I heard the rooks looked good and Udoh dropped some nifty post moves. Was the defense better? How was the bench?

2. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    It's hard to say... both sides were rusty. The things that stuck out:
    • Stephy and Monta were in sync
    • Wright looked smooth
    • Klay has confidence
    • Jeremy Tyler looks like he has some potential
    • Udoh looked lost
    • McGuire has an NBA body, I want to see more of him
    Everyone else had no highs or lows

3. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    BTW...apparently others thought Udoh looked great, he looked out of position to me all the time. I think I need to rewatch.

4. i hate the warriors

i hate the warriors Slingboxing from LONDON

I only watched up until halfway through the second quarter, and I was half asleep since it was like 4am here...but Udoh had some nice plays in the post, with his back to the basket. I thought he looked pretty good

5. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Curry and Monta looked smooth with Monta not gunning as much; Klay Thompson is silky smooth but needs to improve his handle.

Tyler can be effective if he learns how to position himself without fouling; he's a huge body that I have not seen around these parts since well Clifford Ray.

Wright is a nice player. Lee is who Lee is.

Sadly, Biedrins looks the same. He may be more aggressive but he's still fouling by jumping wrong with bad body position then giving the officials the look like "why is that a foul?" He's not my whipping boy, its just its so obvious. I'm disappointed that he has not learned body position. He's got to watch tapes of Ben Wallace, which would be perfect, an all D guy who was undersized yet excelled.

As for the Kings, without Cousins or Hayes, Evans is a tough matchup but he does not make his teammates better. Look out for Jimmer Fredette though. He has no defense but he can shoot and draw contact and make shots. He looks the same as in college, which means the NBA does not scare him. Jimmer will be a star.

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    You have to remember that AB is being showcased, so it was okay. He looks like he's in better shape, no?

I'll keep quiet about Udoh, but would like to see him get more minutes. By that, I mean he has to earn them and not get into foul trouble. It looks like he had some offense. First game, he looked good.

The Warriors interior rebounding was impressive in spite of the Kings being short their big men.

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

The team looked solid. I bet when we face tougher defensive teams we'll start to know what we have.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011